Error uploading to LoTW

KF6LU
Novice Class

Error uploading to LoTW

Post by KF6LU »

Just started to get this error when closing Ver2 and uploading to LoTW
Not sure where to go to correct the error message. It does not appear if I upload to LoTW from my QRZ log
Hitting Ignore seems to allow the upload to go thru. My station info in Ver2 shows as California not CA. Same in my LoTW station info.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.34 KiB) Viewed 3909 times
73 de Andrew , KF6LU
W2MJP
Old Man

Re: Error uploading to LoTW

Post by W2MJP »

KF6LU wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 16:36 Just started to get this error when closing Ver2 and uploading to LoTW
Not sure where to go to correct the error message. It does not appear if I upload to LoTW from my QRZ log
Hitting Ignore seems to allow the upload to go thru. My station info in Ver2 shows as California not CA. Same in my LoTW station info.
Capture.PNG
I had the same thing happen once. I also ignored it but, it reappeared. I then cancelled it and have not had the problem again. It seemed it was only with that 1 qso. I guess the qso info did not match the upload so I ignored it. No more problem.GL
Mike-W2MJP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

The state should be a two letter code like CA not California
73 Terry G4POP
KF6LU
Novice Class

Post by KF6LU »

Terry;
Do you mean that under Setting; Station information; my state; I should enter this as CA and not California?
73 de Andrew , KF6LU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KF6LU wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 17:54 Terry;
Do you mean that under Setting; Station information; my state; I should enter this as CA and not California?
If that is your state yes and similarly the other persons state.

This is because LOTW now more closely conform to the ADIF format
73 Terry G4POP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KF6LU wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 17:54 Terry;
Yes
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KF6LU
Novice Class

Post by KF6LU »

thanks Terry;
i figured it was something simple. Note that this only started after I upgraded the LoTW software.

Great program and support
73 de KF6LU
73 de Andrew , KF6LU
ka4hot
Novice Class

Post by ka4hot »

Same thing occurs here. The State in my profile is 2 letters and my issue did not start until I upgraded to the new TSQL.
ka4hot
Novice Class

Post by ka4hot »

I found what I think is the issue. When TQSL upgraded to the newest version my ITU Zone and CQ Zone did not populate. I opened my TQSL utiltity, wen to the Station Locations tab, clicked on My Station name and then clicked Edit Station <Call>. I entered the appropriate info in the ITU and CQ sections, clicked 'Next' to move through the process and then closed TQSL. I went back to Log4OM and tried to upload to LOTW again and it worked like a charm.
VA3XOV
Novice Class

Post by VA3XOV »

I am getting the same error. First time it was ITU zone error. I fixed this. Now it is giving me a Province issue. In TQSL and in LOG4OM, I have Ontario as my province. But the error states Error as Line 10 has ON but QSO has Ontario. When I hit Ignore, it hangs. after 15 minutes I closed the window. Any ideas? Thanks