v2 Download Failing

VK5PL
Advanced Class

v2 Download Failing

Post by VK5PL »

I have tried to download the latest version of Log4OM v2 and all 3 times the download has failed with about 10meg to go.
The third time I tried without anything else running. The download is very slow also.
Has anyone else had this problem?
David
VK5PL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: v2 Download Failing

Post by G4POP »

David
I just tested the download on two computers here and it worked fine in both cases so I guess you have a local problem like firewall or virus checker or perhaps an internet glitch

Did you try re starting your PC and internet hub?

BTW the error reports section of the forum is for program errors not user download issues, so I have moved your topic to User support
73 Terry G4POP
VK5PL
Advanced Class

Post by VK5PL »

Thanks, Terry I think it must have been the router affected by internet problems. I had been using zoom with no problems but downloads were sickeningly slow, only about 10% of normal and after I did a reset of the router, my speed was back and it downloaded in less than 30 seconds after taking 12 minutes and failing before.
David
VK5PL
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

VK5PL wrote: 22 Apr 2020, 09:30 Thanks, Terry I think it must have been the router affected by internet problems. I had been using zoom with no problems but downloads were sickeningly slow, only about 10% of normal and after I did a reset of the router, my speed was back and it downloaded in less than 30 seconds after taking 12 minutes and failing before.
I had to remove Zoom from my PC because it slowed everything down, even when Zoom was not running. Think its like Google Chrome lots of background activity 100% of the time
73 Terry G4POP