Set Icom 7300 clock from LOG4OM?

kd7mw
Advanced Class

Set Icom 7300 clock from LOG4OM?

Post by kd7mw »

Is there a way to set my Icom 7300’s clock to UTC from LOG4OM’s initialization? Like many 7300s, mine suffers from a dead clock battery that is not easily replaced. So every power on is Midnight, Jan 1. It would be so nice not to have to set the date and time every time I turn on the radio.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a small program that would do this? All it would need to do is grab the UTC date/time from the PC clock and send the appropriate codes to the appropriate USB port.

Thanks!
Peter, KD7MW
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Set Icom 7300 clock from LOG4OM?

Post by DF5WW »

Simply NO. Log4OM is using 3rd party CAT software like Hamlib and/or Omnirig. I also don´t know
that setting up or ayctualize a internal clock in the TRX is a CAT feature. If so you may ask the HAMLIB
community or the Omnirig programmer.

By the way, CAT is different to any programming Software .... Means, if there is a programming SW
with what you can set the clock it not works with CAT commands. Which CAT commands are used
you may find in your transceivers manual.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

kd7mw wrote: 09 May 2020, 05:02 Is there a way to set my Icom 7300’s clock to UTC from LOG4OM’s initialization? Like many 7300s, mine suffers from a dead clock battery that is not easily replaced. So every power on is Midnight, Jan 1. It would be so nice not to have to set the date and time every time I turn on the radio.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a small program that would do this? All it would need to do is grab the UTC date/time from the PC clock and send the appropriate codes to the appropriate USB port.

Thanks!
Peter, KD7MW
Peter,
This program will do it, for ease of use try the consul version right at the bottom of the page.

He also provides an excellent FREE memory manager for the IC7300, look in the software menu of the same page

Sorry we dont do anything but its not really within the scope of our software
73 Terry G4POP
kd7mw
Advanced Class

Post by kd7mw »

Terry, thanks. But I don’t see a link to the program you’re describing. Please post it. Yes, a console mode version would be great—I can drop it into the CMD scripts I use to start Log4OM plus Fldigi or WSJTX and JTAlert.

-Peter, KD7MW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

kd7mw wrote: 09 May 2020, 07:46 Terry, thanks. But I don’t see a link to the program you’re describing. Please post it. Yes, a console mode version would be great—I can drop it into the CMD scripts I use to start Log4OM plus Fldigi or WSJTX and JTAlert.

-Peter, KD7MW
Sorry Peter, had a senior moment! Here it is

https://kb3hha.cloppermillweather.org/I ... nager.html

See software menu for clock
73 Terry G4POP
kd7mw
Advanced Class

Post by kd7mw »

Got it. Thanks! As for senior moments, no worries. I have those, too. It’s not fair. I’m only 26...with 40 years additional experience. :D