JTAlert problem

G4IUA
Advanced Class

JTAlert problem

Post by G4IUA »

I'm not sure if this is a question for the JTAlert forum or here...but as Log4OM v2, OmniRig 1.9, WSJT-X, PSTRotator and JTAlert are all intimately tied together I thought I'd start here. Radio is FlexRadio 6600M.

The good news: brand new installation and everything WAS working for a short time. The bad news: now nothing on JTAlert. QSOs correctly logged on Log4OM and frequency displayed. However nothing in JTAlert although the title bar correctly displays the band selected by WSJT and also identifies 'LOG4V2'. JTAlert v 2.16.5.

Ideas?

Jeff - G4IUA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: JTAlert problem

Post by G4POP »

Sounds like you have not installed ALL programs to run as an administrator

Omnirig cannot multi thread unless you do so
73 Terry G4POP
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

Thanks Terry. I wasn't aware that ALL programs (SmartSDR, WSJT, Log4OM etc.) had to be installed as administrator. I seem to remember that OmniRig had to be RUN as an administrator, but doing so now doesn't make JTAlert work.

Are you suggesting I should reinstall all the relevant programs, this time as an adminstrator, or can I just run them in this mode? It seems odd though that I had it working yesterday without entering this mode.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

No reinstall needed, you can let them RUN as administrator by changing the properties.
By the way, VK3AMA said it´s not needed that JTalert run with administrator privileges
and since them i never istall it or run it as Administrator. JTalert only receives DATA from
WSJT-X or JTDX and it´s not connected to CAT. Maybe something is broken in your installation
so try a fresh install of JTalert and report again.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

Thanks Juergen. I uninstalled JTAlert and reinstalled it as an administrator in case that was the issue. ATM I have everything running as administrator (SmartSDR, WSJT, JTAlert, Log4OM, PSTRotator). Unfortunately everything is working except for JTAlert! However its title bar does show the mode (FT8), band and Log4OM, so clearly it is receiving data. Also everything did work for a time yesterday when nothing was installed or running as administrator.

Any more suggestions?
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I am guessing that you have not downloaded and followed the latest Log4om user guide 're JTalert and wsjt set up

And you don't say which version of Log4om you are using see help/about
73 Terry G4POP
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

I have the documentation version dated 2-5-20 which I believe is the latest one. I'm running the latest release of Log4OM v2 (2.5.0.0). Likewise all the other programs. JTAlert 2.16.5. I followed carefully the setup instructions in the Log4OM manual, and as I say it did work for a short time. Nothing was installed or run as an administrator, but to rule that out I am doing so now. Sadly no change though.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

By the way, i have reported this in the A-Team. Yesterday my PC have run a new W10 Pro 64 update. Since
this was working all Softwares i´ve installed with administrative privilegeges show the Box "Run as Administrator"
as unchecked. Have to set it up new via the properties for each .exe like Omnirig, Log4OM and much more. So
please check the properties of all of the used Softwares.

Don´t know it has anything to do with your special problem but think it´s worth to check. ;) ;)

Update was KB4556799 from yesterday ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4IUA wrote: 14 May 2020, 16:43 I have the documentation version dated 2-5-20 which I believe is the latest one. I'm running the latest release of Log4OM v2 (2.5.0.0). Likewise all the other programs. JTAlert 2.16.5. I followed carefully the setup instructions in the Log4OM manual, and as I say it did work for a short time. Nothing was installed or run as an administrator, but to rule that out I am doing so now. Sadly no change though.
Yes that's the latest user guide.

Can you confirm that everything is functioning correctly other than the JTalert display?

Have you scanned your log in JTALERT!

Can you post a screenshot of jtalert main display on this forum please?
73 Terry G4POP
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

Everything is working other than JTAlert. I scanned the log again just to make sure. I'm having trouble with the screengrab of JTAlert but I'll send that when I can. However it only really shows the boxes as blank but with the version, my callsign, mode, band, Log4OMv2, Filter, #1.