Label Definitions - Wont save/wont print v2.6.1.0

n5if
Advanced Class

Label Definitions - Wont save/wont print v2.6.1.0

Post by n5if »

Issues with labels – saving label info (font size and printer selection)
Trying to print labels here, but nothing that I define is ever saved during the process – always reverting to the default settings resulting in labels with font too small to read.
1 – Utilities>Label Definition
Load Label – I select Brother QL750
Label Properties – I change Font size = 11 / Change Max Address Font size = 12

I return to Page Layout tab > TEST PDF > ADOBE spawns – I select label size > Print = ALL is GOOD
I click the FLOPPY/SAVE
I close Label Definition

Now – I want to PRINT a label for a QSL:
Utilities>Label Print
Find the QSO that I wish to print a label for with no issues – Confirm Selection, review on Routing Tab > Click GREEN Check on right side of screen to confirm all is good > proceed to PRINT Tab

On Print Tab:
Step 1 – My Printer is NOT selected – I must open drop down and select Brother QL750 – if I click EDIT for my QL750 – Label Definition box opens and NONE of the INFO ENTERED PRIOR is SAVED from step 1 above – Font Size is now 5, Max Address Font Size is 5
I edit font size – but it never SAVES.

Step 2 – I go ahead and check Print Direct only

Step 3 – I click PDF Print button
Adobe Reader spawns – I select correct size of label and print – font is SIZE 1

What am I doing wrong here?
Attached is pic of TEST label (which is fine but wont save) and then an actual PRINT Label if I follow the print procedure in manual and videos.

Greg
K9IG
label.jpg
label.jpg (81.62 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Label Definitions - Wont save/wont print v2.6.1.0

Post by KI5IO »

k9ig wrote: 19 May 2020, 11:49 Issues with labels – saving label info (font size and printer selection)
Trying to print labels here, but nothing that I define is ever saved during the process – always reverting to the default settings resulting in labels with font too small to read.
1 – Utilities>Label Definition
Load Label – I select Brother QL750
Label Properties – I change Font size = 11 / Change Max Address Font size = 12

I return to Page Layout tab > TEST PDF > ADOBE spawns – I select label size > Print = ALL is GOOD
I click the FLOPPY/SAVE
I close Label Definition

Now – I want to PRINT a label for a QSL:
Utilities>Label Print
Find the QSO that I wish to print a label for with no issues – Confirm Selection, review on Routing Tab > Click GREEN Check on right side of screen to confirm all is good > proceed to PRINT Tab

On Print Tab:
Step 1 – My Printer is NOT selected – I must open drop down and select Brother QL750 – if I click EDIT for my QL750 – Label Definition box opens and NONE of the INFO ENTERED PRIOR is SAVED from step 1 above – Font Size is now 5, Max Address Font Size is 5
I edit font size – but it never SAVES.

Step 2 – I go ahead and check Print Direct only

Step 3 – I click PDF Print button
Adobe Reader spawns – I select correct size of label and print – font is SIZE 1

What am I doing wrong here?
Attached is pic of TEST label (which is fine but wont save) and then an actual PRINT Label if I follow the print procedure in manual and videos.

Greg
K9IG

label.jpg
Greg,

When defining your label and your are reading to "save" your definitiions ... change the name of the default to something that reflects your changes/needs. In my case I change the name to: _KI5IO_Avery 8160 .... then tap the floppy disc/save icon.

That newly named and saved with then show up in your label list as: user_KI5IO_Avery 8160 .... of course with the name you choose.

Then test and view as you noted.

Then select a QSO and go through the steps you noted. Yes ... you will have to THEN choose the label you want to you. Just because you define a new label you will still have the option to pick/choose the label you want to use for the print function.

Label definition is one job ... and printing labels is another job. Just because you defined a new label it does not "stick" through the job of printing. Two different tasks.

I just stepped through the process again this morning and it worked FB for me.

Try changing the label name for the label you have defined and you should be in good shape.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
n5if
Advanced Class

Post by n5if »

Hi Nolan
Thank you for the pointer - that indeed DID HELP. Saving the definition to a new file name was more successful - and now useful.

I still do see some differences in the TEST label on the top vs the Final Label on the bottom. Is there something else I should be doing in the configuration to insure that the fonts remain constant from TEST to "Production" mode in the Print Label section?

Greg
K9IG
labup.jpg
labup.jpg (106.83 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

k9ig wrote: 19 May 2020, 12:51 Hi Nolan
Thank you for the pointer - that indeed DID HELP. Saving the definition to a new file name was more successful - and now useful.

I still do see some differences in the TEST label on the top vs the Final Label on the bottom. Is there something else I should be doing in the configuration to insure that the fonts remain constant from TEST to "Production" mode in the Print Label section?

Greg
K9IG

labup.jpg
Greg,

I would just tweak the settings in your 'named label definition' and keep testing to a PDF view. Then select just one or two Q's to also print to a PDF view (that way you don't consume/waste labels) for comparison.

It will take some back/forth to get things set. I've been through that some time ago. I use Avery labels as I don't have a 'label printer'.

BTW - Terry has posted a work-a-round for using a field in the QSO as the default "pse qsl" is still present. Do a search on the Forum for that suggestion.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
n5if
Advanced Class

Post by n5if »

OK Nolan - will play some more - I'm much further along that I was last night so thats a good thing - so thank you. Will play a bit more today and see where it takes me. I'll also go take a look at Terry's videos you reference.
Thanks!
73/Greg
K9IG