Dialog box contents cut off or not visible

we4thr
Novice Class

Dialog box contents cut off or not visible

Post by we4thr »

I posted this in the Errors section a few weeks ago, but perhaps that was the wrong place, so I'm trying under User support:

I have Log4OM v2.6.1.0 on a Dell 7140 tablet running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.

Log4OM does not scale its layout and dialog box contents to the Windows display settings. My display is set to Medium (125%), which causes items in many Log4OM dialog boxes to be cut off or completely invisible! Unlike most Windows programs, Log4OM does not allow its dialog boxes to be resized by dragging their edges in order to make their entire contents visible. This prevents me from being able to use the Filter function, which I want to use to make various ad hoc queries against my log data.

I am visually impaired, so I cannot run my tablet's screen at 100% scaling -- I must run it at 125%. I would greatly appreciate help on resolving this issue.
ON3BSQ
Novice Class

Re: Dialog box contents cut off or not visible

Post by ON3BSQ »

I had this problem also in Windows 10. I had specified 125% in Advanced Scaling settings, where you can specify a value between 100-500. I removed this specification and selected 125% on Scaling & Layout, where you can only specify the values 100, 125, 150, 175. This change solved the issue for me. But I don't know if this is applicable to Windows 8.

Francis, ON3BSQ
we4thr
Novice Class

Re: Dialog box contents cut off or not visible

Post by we4thr »

Thank you for your suggestion. The settings in Windows 8.1 for display size is somewhat different than the settings in Windows 10. Windows 8.1 offers three discrete settings: 100%, 125% and 150%; the settings that go from 100% to 500% are under Custom sizing options. I am already using the discrete 125% display size. Unfortunately, the only solution I know of would be for the Log4OM developers to enhance the program to allow dialog box sizing via dragging (as supported by virtually every other Windows application.)