When using WSJT, Radio Switches to RTTY R

W2UH
Novice Class

When using WSJT, Radio Switches to RTTY R

Post by W2UH »

I got the radio to connect for both LogOM2 and WSJT. I now have a new problem:

When the WSJT software goes to TX, the radio switches to RTTY R. I can't find the setting that keeps it in USB D.
Radio Icom IC-7410, Log4OM2, OmniRig and WSJT software. Thanks!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: When using WSJT, Radio Switches to RTTY R

Post by G4POP »

If it's when you change freq in WSJT it will be a WSJT setting, not Log4om
73 Terry G4POP
W2UH
Novice Class

Post by W2UH »

I don't quite follow what you mean. The frequency is displayed correctly in WSJT. I don't think there is a setting in WSJT that would allow RTTY operation so it cant be WSJT. I tried with HRD and it doesn't switch the radio to RTTY R. I wonder if I set something trying to get this to work
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Did you change any CAT settings in the Log4om program configuration menu?

Your WSJT settings should be like these settings which I use with my Icom IC7300

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (88.8 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
73 Terry G4POP
W2UH
Novice Class

Post by W2UH »

That was the reason. Now those are working great. I now know how that got changed. I was trying to do something else. Thanks for your help.
W2UH
Novice Class

Post by W2UH »

Just wanted to say thanks for the help you have given. I was a bit frustrated that I couldn't get it to work. This is the best software I have ever used. Just one more thing. I also installed the Virtual Serial Ports Emulator but Its not set up. I deleted those Splitter settings. You don't use that with your 7300 do you? If not then I will delete it as the 7410 is similar to the 7300. The less things I have to remember the better. Stay Safe and 73.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

W2UH wrote: 29 May 2020, 23:39 Just wanted to say thanks for the help you have given. I was a bit frustrated that I couldn't get it to work. This is the best software I have ever used. Just one more thing. I also installed the Virtual Serial Ports Emulator but Its not set up. I deleted those Splitter settings. You don't use that with your 7300 do you? If not then I will delete it as the 7410 is similar to the 7300. The less things I have to remember the better. Stay Safe and 73.
I use various VSP's but not for purposes that you would require unless your going to interface FLdigi

My set up is rather complicated because I have the PTRX7300 board in my 7300 connected to an SDRDuo for panadaptor support and I also use the excellent Win4Icom suite so I use VSP's and VAC's for those, using WXtoimg etc
73 Terry G4POP