CAT Issues

va3edb
New user

CAT Issues

Post by va3edb »

Hi there,
I downloaded the latest version of LOG4OM2.
Ever since, I cannot get the program to go online.
It remains offline. The CAT is set to auto but does not go green unless I manually turn it on. Even then, the program remains off line.
No settings were changed that I'm aware of.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CAT Issues

Post by G4POP »

Check that the settings are correct and that a recent Windows update has not screwed them as it often does.

Check other programs to because they could also be changed like WSJT
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Also check that Omnirig is NOT set to run as admin if you previously used the original Log4OM.
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 16:04 Also check that Omnirig is NOT set to run as admin if you previously used the original Log4OM.
Why ? If you like to use Omnirig with other softwares too (Multithreading) it must be run as
Administrator. Same as in V1. By the way V1 and V2 are original Log4OM versions, HI.

Last Windows update has changed all the "run as administrator" settings to NO and that has
caused some errors at my installation. Reported this 1 or 2 weeks earlier.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi,
I found that running Omnirig with admin privileges would not allow it to work with Log4OM. It would not autostart and if loaded manually, Log4OM could not work with it.
All my programs that have been set to run as admin* still do.
*I install ALL my programs in the program files folders. Quite a few need to be run as admin to install there and to run correctly.
Had the search function been working, I am sure that I would have been able to find your previous posts on this issue.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

In my case i run all the programs (except JTalert) with admin privileges and all is working fine
(Omnirig, LOg4OM2, JTDX/WSJT-X ). Please do me a favoure and downlod the latest
manual and check out for what the admin privileges are be ....

By the way, don´t use Omnirig 2.xx from HB9 programmer. It dosen´t works. Latest original
is 1.19 ... Only 2 TRX but works fine ...

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the original 1.19 version of Omnirig.

I have the latest manual of Log4OM, but did not get any hits for 'admin' or 'privileges' when I searched using those terms.

Just for interest, why do you run all you programs as admin? Is it so you can use Omnirigs multithreading?

I wonder if you could answer a question about Hamlib in Log4OM for me. FLDigi has a version of Hamlib that lists the IC-7300 as well as that module being stable. The version in Log4OM does not even list the IC-7300. How can I get the same stable module in Log4OM?

Thanks in advance and keep safe,

Guy
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 22:31
I have the latest manual of Log4OM, but did not get any hits for 'admin' or 'privileges' when I searched using those terms.

Page 12

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (38.82 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
73 Terry G4POP
GW4XCA
Novice Class

Post by GW4XCA »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 22:31 I wonder if you could answer a question about Hamlib in Log4OM for me. FLDigi has a version of Hamlib that lists the IC-7300 as well as that module being stable. The version in Log4OM does not even list the IC-7300. How can I get the same stable module in Log4OM?
I was about to ask the exact same question.
I use Hamlib for my other programs and everything works well with my IC-7300 so I would like to stay with that, but as you say, the 7300 is not in the list of available radios.
I can't get Omnirig to play ball.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

GW4XCA wrote: 06 Jun 2020, 16:40
G4DWV - Guy wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 22:31 I wonder if you could answer a question about Hamlib in Log4OM for me. FLDigi has a version of Hamlib that lists the IC-7300 as well as that module being stable. The version in Log4OM does not even list the IC-7300. How can I get the same stable module in Log4OM?
I was about to ask the exact same question.
I use Hamlib for my other programs and everything works well with my IC-7300 so I would like to stay with that, but as you say, the 7300 is not in the list of available radios.
I can't get Omnirig to play ball.
OM - and others saying they can't find "their" rig in the OmniRig Rig list ...

Have you taken the time to maybe download the most current rig list from OmniRig? Do that and unzip the file and place it where it should be located on your HDD and then restart OmniRig and take a look-see.

I'm guessing you might just find your rig.

Below is a screen clip of the actual rig list that is on my laptop's installation for OmniRig. It has the most current list.

If you note on the image you will find the Icom rigs that y'all have saying you can't find.
Attachments
OmniRig-rigs.JPG
OmniRig-rigs.JPG (57.88 KiB) Viewed 3510 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX