How to change qso confirmation status from "requested" to "no"?

ve3nr
Advanced Class

How to change qso confirmation status from "requested" to "no"?

Post by ve3nr »

I made a mistake not setting confirmation status when importing the ADIF file and all confirmation
columns, Hamqth, Clublog, Eqsl, etc in Recent Qsos resorted to "Requested" for 1000s of qsos. How do
I change the status to "No" for all these qsos? I've read the manual in and out but can't figure it out. Thanks!
Bert VE3NR
f4bkt
Advanced Class

Re: How to change qso confirmation status from "requested" to "no"?

Post by f4bkt »

Hi Bert

You can use the utilities QSL Manager.
You will find all kinds of QSL and from there you can change all status.
Check "enable update", select rows and make change

Hope this help
Phil
ve3nr
Advanced Class

Post by ve3nr »

Thanks Phil. That's exactly what I've been trying to do , but the rows I want to change are not available to select??
I can't figure it out.

Bert VE3NR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ve3nr wrote: 11 Jun 2020, 15:37 Thanks Phil. That's exactly what I've been trying to do , but the rows I want to change are not available to select??
I can't figure it out.

Bert VE3NR
In QSL manager select the qso's then select the confirmations tab to edit
73 Terry G4POP
ve3nr
Advanced Class

Post by ve3nr »

Hi Terry and thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, your instructions don't make sense, but maybe I didn't explain my problem properly.
How do I select the qsos and how do I select the field where I want to change the confirmation status?
I want to change the confirmation status in several rows/fields in Recent QSOs, i.e. HamQTH, Clublog, eQSL, etc. As far as I can see there is no option to do that in QSL Manager.
Bert VE3NR
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

ve3nr wrote: 12 Jun 2020, 01:25 Hi Terry and thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, your instructions don't make sense, but maybe I didn't explain my problem properly.
How do I select the qsos and how do I select the field where I want to change the confirmation status?
I want to change the confirmation status in several rows/fields in Recent QSOs, i.e. HamQTH, Clublog, eQSL, etc. As far as I can see there is no option to do that in QSL Manager.
Bert VE3NR
Bert,
Here is a bullet list:

- Select QSL Manager
- Use drop-down and select HamQTH (I'm using that site as an example)
- Tap the green search button (all your Q's for HamQTH will appear
- Tic the enable update box and an orange panel will appear for your update
- Select the Q's in your grid panel. You select the choices the same way you do any selection in Windows. One line at a time or hold shift and click an item lower for an entire span of Q's or hold the Ctrl key and left-mouse click the Q's you want to modify.
- Once you have your Q's chosen make your choices available from the drop-downs and tic boxes in the orange Update panel.
- To complete the operation be sure to tap the diskette icon to save your changes.

Now ... to be sure you are OK with your steps ... just select one Q first, make the changes, tape the diskette and open the Q by double-clicking and it will appear in an Edit QSO window and you can see the changes there as well.

Once you complete HamQTH then choose your next External Service, say eQSL, and follow the same steps.

This is all in the "current" User Guide, but you have to be sure to force a download of the UG. It is an easily searchable PDF document.

Image below is representative.
Attachments
qsl-mngr-update.JPG
qsl-mngr-update.JPG (112.32 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ve3nr
Advanced Class

Post by ve3nr »

Hi Nolan and thanks for taking the time to put down a bullet list of actions to change the confirmation status. It worked great and is much appreciated.

I downloaded the UG long time ago and have gone through every page to find the information I was looking for with no success. I was also trying to use the QSL manager, but it's not very clear how to use this feature. I'm not a seasoned user of all features in LOG4OM and the user guide leave out a lot of details so I've been doing a lot of guessing.

I think LOG4OM is a great logging program and I like it so much that I have made a couple of donations. However, it's still quite difficult to use following the user guide that is short of details for the rookie user, trying to learn how to use the program. It seems the user is assumed to know a lot of procedures that may not be that obvious to the average user.

I know this is a free software program and everyone is working on a volunteer basis, I assume, but if you want your program to be as popular as it deserves to be, in my opinion, there has to be a user guide that the average user can follow. I'm not an expert in technical writing, but if I can help, please let me know.

Thanks for all your work and effort to give us hams a great logging program!

73 Bert VE3NR

PS. I'm still trying to figure out how to search the UG for the information you provided Nolan.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

ve3nr wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 01:36 Hi Nolan and thanks for taking the time to put down a bullet list of actions to change the confirmation status. It worked great and is much appreciated.

I downloaded the UG long time ago and have gone through every page to find the information I was looking for with no success. I was also trying to use the QSL manager, but it's not very clear how to use this feature. I'm not a seasoned user of all features in LOG4OM and the user guide leave out a lot of details so I've been doing a lot of guessing.

I think LOG4OM is a great logging program and I like it so much that I have made a couple of donations. However, it's still quite difficult to use following the user guide that is short of details for the rookie user, trying to learn how to use the program. It seems the user is assumed to know a lot of procedures that may not be that obvious to the average user.

I know this is a free software program and everyone is working on a volunteer basis, I assume, but if you want your program to be as popular as it deserves to be, in my opinion, there has to be a user guide that the average user can follow. I'm not an expert in technical writing, but if I can help, please let me know.

Thanks for all your work and effort to give us hams a great logging program!

73 Bert VE3NR

PS. I'm still trying to figure out how to search the UG for the information you provided Nolan.
Bert,

You noted that you have downloaded the UG a "long time ago" ... I can assure you it has changed substantially since that time. Current version of the UG was released on June 17, 2020.

As for searching the UG ... that is done by the PDF reader that you use to read the UG. There are search commands, fields, etc. where you can enter any word/text you want and press search or whatever your PDF APP has for that mechanism.

As for offering to help write a "friendlier UG" I strongly suggest you reach out to Terry Genes (G4POP) and discuss that with him. His e-mail is available on QRZ.

Thanks for using Log4OM V2.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

ve3nr wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 01:36 PS. I'm still trying to figure out how to search the UG for the information you provided Nolan.

I think the YouTube tutorial will explain what to do, see https://youtu.be/xingbq1d-4o
73 Terry G4POP
ve3nr
Advanced Class

Post by ve3nr »

Nolan,

I appreciate your comments and I was wrong saying that I downloaded the UG "long time ago". My version was from May 2020!
Now I have downloaded the latest version as of today and will keep an eye open for new updates.

If I can help in some way, I'll be happy to and will get in touch with Terry.

Terry, thanks for the link to the Youtube clip. I thought I watched all of them, but I guess I missed this one. ;-)
I'll get in touch with you via email and we'll see if I can offer any help to make the UG a little "friendlier".

Have a great weekend, stay well and keep safe!

Bert VE3NR