Import adif v2.2

M0ZEH
Advanced Class

Import adif v2.2

Post by M0ZEH »

I'm trying to import an large adif file generated by the old free version of ham radio deluxe logbook to adif version 2.2.

The import partially works but does not import the off_time. I have attached one record to show the format of the adif file I am trying to import.

Am I correct in thinking the time_off in the imported file should be shown in the Qso End Date column?

I think it maybe because the QSO_DATE_OFF is missing from the file I am trying to import. I wonder if there are any conversion softwares around.

Thanks Steve M0ZEH
Attachments
HRD logbook 1 record.zip
(939 Bytes) Downloaded 171 times
Thanks Steve M0ZEH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Import adif v2.2

Post by G4POP »

Dont worry about it you can normalise the end date and end time in V2 after import
73 Terry G4POP
M0ZEH
Advanced Class

Post by M0ZEH »

You know what I'm going to ask now! How do I normalise? I have imported the records.
Thanks Steve M0ZEH
Thanks Steve M0ZEH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

M0ZEH wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 09:30 You know what I'm going to ask now! How do I normalise? I have imported the records.
Thanks Steve M0ZEH
QSO manager, select records and the last tab on right

All covered in the latest user guide
73 Terry G4POP
M0ZEH
Advanced Class

Post by M0ZEH »

I'm really struggling. I am looking at QSO manager. I see the last tab callled QSO checks and the dropdown (1-10). But I don't see how to update the end time/date.
I looked at the manual but I don't see the word normalise in the manual and the bit about QSO manager doesn't mention updating end time/date.
Sorry for being duh.

Steve M0ZEH
Thanks Steve M0ZEH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Sorry not last tab its the date/time tab see 'Align end time with start time' page 75

My fault for relying on memory
73 Terry G4POP
M0ZEH
Advanced Class

Post by M0ZEH »

I noticed the Date/Time update is missing in my QSO manager.
Attachments
qso manager.png
qso manager.png (48.17 KiB) Viewed 3513 times
Thanks Steve M0ZEH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

M0ZEH wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 12:45 I think your misunderstanding me. I am talking about qso manager. I have no date time tab in qso manager.

Ah! TAB I missed that and assumed you meant column

Check you email from me with a new download
73 Terry G4POP
M0ZEH
Advanced Class

Post by M0ZEH »

Thanks for the new version. I get the attached message everytime I start log4om.

I now see the Date/Time update tab. The hint doesn't finish sentence and ends with 'which'.

From what I can gather this will only set the qso end time to the same as the start time. What I want to do is import the real end time and date from my adif file. Is that possible?
Attachments
new release.png
new release.png (4.53 KiB) Viewed 3487 times
Thanks Steve M0ZEH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

M0ZEH wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 13:35 Thanks for the new version. I get the attached message every time I start log4om.

Go to the first tab in the Settings/Program Configuration menu and uncheck the 'Notify of updates' (Or similar)

I now see the Date/Time update tab. The hint doesn't finish sentence and ends with 'which'.

Will fix in software but full text is available in the user guide

From what I can gather this will only set the qso end time to the same as the start time.

Correct sets the end date and time as start date and time

What I want to do is import the real end time and date from my adif file. Is that possible?

There is no end date in your file so if you need the actual QSO end time then you must edit the ADIF file that you imported so that it conforms to the ADIF format for date and time as below, then re-import with the choice to drop the existing database - (Make a backup first)

QSO_DATE
QSO_DATE_OFF

Time_ON
Time_OFF

and as detailed here https://www.adif.org/310/ADIF_310.htm#Fields

May I ask why the end time is so important to you? I ask because most users are not interested in end dates and times because their licence conditions only require a start date and time.
73 Terry G4POP