Log entry

G4DWV
Old Man

Log entry

Post by G4DWV »

I understand that using the TAB key will move the edit field. But some fields are not being highlighted. I have never used QSO entry on a manual basis before as I, until today, was an exclusive FT8 operator so all QSO entries were automatically added.

I have found that the start/end fields do not get highlighted. I would expect them to be highlighted and the time frozen on start/end QSO. Other fields do not get highlighted. A highlight to me means that the data in the entry box changes colour. In some cases, the data only gets a very difficult-to-see outline.

What are the padlock symbols for on the right of these date/time boxes? I cannot find info pertaining to this in the manual.

TIA

Guy
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log entry

Post by KI5IO »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 14:26 I understand that using the TAB key will move the edit field. But some fields are not being highlighted. I have never used QSO entry on a manual basis before as I, until today, was an exclusive FT8 operator so all QSO entries were automatically added.

I have found that the start/end fields do not get highlighted. I would expect them to be highlighted and the time frozen on start/end QSO. Other fields do not get highlighted. A highlight to me means that the data in the entry box changes colour. In some cases, the data only gets a very difficult-to-see outline.

What are the padlock symbols for on the right of these date/time boxes? I cannot find info pertaining to this in the manual.

TIA

Guy
Guy,

Here is a clip from the "current" User Guide. I just did a search for "padlock". Page 27 is where it first came up with a result.
Attachments
padlock.JPG
padlock.JPG (61.63 KiB) Viewed 1433 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4DWV
Old Man

Re: Log entry

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Nolan,

I hope you are keeping well. Thanks for that. I searched for locked/locking <face palm>.
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.