Wsjtx randomly stops communication with Log4om v2

G5TV
Novice Class

Re: Wsjtx randomly stops communication with Log4om v2

Post by G5TV »

Ok so I seem to have the same problem again. I go into wsjtx and double click a callsign and it. Appears in Log4om like it should. I then go and use backspace on the keyboard to get rid of the callsign in Log4om. The callsign box is then empty. Wsjtx then stops sending the callsigns.
But if I click on any other box on Log4om the word CALLSIGN appears in the callsign box and the callsign from wsjtx starts working again.
Sorry if this sounds complicated.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Sounds like a WSJT thing!

By backspacing the call out of WSJT your cursor is left at the first possition in the call sign field so WSJT is waiting for input (Focus is in the call sign field) and it stops broadcasting while waiting for input.

Clicking elsewhere removes the cursor from the WSJT field so WSJT is in the same condition as if you had saved the last QSO, no cursor is in the field its just empty (Focus is removed from the field)

Just my take on it but seems logical
73 Terry G4POP
G5TV
Novice Class

Post by G5TV »

Terry thanks for the reply but it’s not the wsjtx callsign box it’s Log4om callsign box.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G5TV wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 13:39 Terry thanks for the reply but it’s not the wsjtx callsign box it’s Log4om callsign box.
OK what happens if you use the Esc key on your keyboard or the Clear Icon on the main UI to clear the call sign?
73 Terry G4POP