I'm Evaluating Log4OM

IU1JVO
Novice Class

I'm Evaluating Log4OM

Post by IU1JVO »

Hello,
I'm evaluating this Ham Log Software. Actually I'm using BBLogger, but in many function BBLogger is leaking for me in some functions.
The first reason is the Database used by BBLogger, only local and, in mi opinion very slow. Evaluating the portable version of Log4OM, I like the chance to configure an external database. If I not wrong, I can configure a Database on an Internet server. But in this case, If I work offline, I need to change to SqLite in local?
Or I can try to configure a Local MySQL Db with proper stored procedures to sincronize a remote DB?

Second Leak is that BBLogger consider only the Main (home) QTH of the Operator to compute QRB. In case of external activity, is needed to create a new Call User... Log4OM seems to work with one QTH for Log. I shall create a Log with its QTH (best for external activity).

Another Leak of BBLogger is the adif import function, if the created log is configured to send data to ClubLog, HdrLog, eQSL... The data ar sent only in case of new QSO manually inserted not for imported QSOs. I need to recall and modify all the record to send data... Very tedius!!

But, at the moment, Log4OM leak in a function important for me. The ability to direct print QSL card... Will be a Future Function?