Transmit Frequency not changing while using WSJT

n4hcr
Novice Class

Transmit Frequency not changing while using WSJT

Post by n4hcr »

I'm using Log4OM v. 2.8.0.0 with WSJT-X v 2.2.2 running on Windows 10. The computer is an HP xw4600 Professional Workstation. The radio is a Yaesu FT-920. I'm operating FT8 on 14.073.05, receiving on 14.074.00. Everything appears to be working fine, the logging functions properly. Rig control on Log4OM 2 appears to be functioning properly, except for when I attempt to change bands using the drop down menu on WSJT-X. When I do that, the receive frequency changes, but the transmit frequency does not. I have the Radio settings set to "fake it" as instructed. I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong, but I've read the manual in detail, and I can't find anything that seems to address this issue.

I created a support request, but I haven't found anywhere to send it. While the instructions said to send it to the email address in the support request generation, no such email was provided.

Wayne Rash, N4HCR
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Transmit Frequency not changing while using WSJT

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Wayne,

how are you connected to CAT, Omnirig or Hamlib, If Omnirig are all involved programs running
as administrator (Log4OM2, Omnirig, WSJT-X). Is Omnirig set as Trancceiver in WSJT-X to get
CAT connection from omnirig ?
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
n4hcr
Novice Class

Post by n4hcr »

I'm using OmniRig, everything is being run as administrator, but I upgraded Log4OM to 2.9.0.0 and now it's not working at all. The software runs, but it won't connect to the radio. I've checked he settings, and they seem correct.
n4hcr
Novice Class

Post by n4hcr »

CAT on Log4OM does not appear to be working at all. It appears to read the rig frequency at startup, but not after that. Changing the frequency using WSJT-X changes the receive frequency on the radio, but not the transmit frequency. It does not change the displayed frequency on Log4OM. If I change the frequency on the radio manually, it also does not show as changed on Log4OM. I've run everything as administrator. I don't know if the logging function is working properly or not. Prior to the upgrade, it was working better, but apparently the change to 2.9.0.0 has broken the part that was working.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

As you are the only person with this issue out of several thousand downloads this week I have to assume it is a local issue.

Have you tried temporarily turning off your antivirus and firewalls in case they are blocking
73 Terry G4POP
n4hcr
Novice Class

Post by n4hcr »

I suspect that it's either an install or a configuration problem. When I get back to the shack, I plan to do a clean install and start fresh. But right now I'm dealing with a family emergency, so it may be a while. Thanks for your help.