LOTW will not upload

MM0ZBH
Novice Class

Re: LOTW will not upload

Post by MM0ZBH »

I have this problem as well, just started last night but I am getting it with CW invalid mode. ADIF shows “CW,” and not JT software in use here. Extra comma from somewhere.

Running version 2.8.0.0 and it has been flawless for a since I started using it over a month ago. I expected an ADIF back into mid Sept and it has the same “CW,” that TSQL doesn’t like. Strange.

Will update to the latest version and report back.

Regards

Paul
MM0ZBH
Novice Class

Post by MM0ZBH »

Just updated to 2.9.0.0 and successfully uploaded all the QSO’s successfully to LOTW.
n4hcr
Novice Class

Post by n4hcr »

I also can't get Log4OM to upload to LOTW. I'm getting an error that says "All QSOs were duplicate or out of date range (no QSOs written)" but all of the QSOs were within the date range I specified and I checked LOTW and none were duplicates. I followed the directions in the manual to the letter, but no luck.
MM0ZBH
Novice Class

Post by MM0ZBH »

I had that error at the end as well but if you check the QSO detail it is trying to upload you might see another error. For me it was in invalid mode “CW,”.
n4hcr
Novice Class

Post by n4hcr »

Yes, it said county does not match QSO information. Apparently the QSO data has the county as USA. But I have no idea how to fix that,
MM0ZBH
Novice Class

Post by MM0ZBH »

If it is the same issue and you are running 2.8.0.0 try upgrading to 2.9.0.0. Otherwise if it is something else then sorry not sure.
n4hcr
Novice Class

Post by n4hcr »

I have upgraded. However, after sending the last message, I went into the QSO Manager and found that the MyCnty entry in the QSO log did indeed have USA in that field. I manually changed those entries to the proper county, saved the log file and then ran the upload again. This time it worked.

I still don't know where the error is coming from, but at least I know how to fix it. I just have to make sure I correct the log before I upload each time.
kd7mw
Advanced Class

Post by kd7mw »

You may also need to change your county in Settings, Program configuration, Station Information. That's where your info is pulled from to populate each QSO record. I just found today that my county had been changed from what it should be to USA. Also check your CQ and ITU zones--my CQ zone was wrong. I think all this may have something to do with upgrading from Log4OM v.1 to v.2. Some program settings may not have come through correctly, or been defaulted incorrectly, or we misread them (e.g. County is not CountRy).

I, too got LOTW "Invalid mode" errors for FT8. The funny thing is that they only started happening today (Oct. 4). Entries for Sept. 22 and 3 months prior had the same wrong county and CQ zone, but LOTW still accepted the QSOs. I fixed that problem by updating Log4OM to 2.9.0.0 and TQSL to 2.5.5. I tend to hang back a week or two on upgrading anything, just in case the new version is buggy. But sometimes "a week or two" turns into "until something breaks." :D
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

kd7mw wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 04:42 I think all this may have something to do with upgrading from Log4OM v.1 to v.2. Some program settings may not have come through correctly, or been defaulted incorrectly, or we misread them (e.g. County is not CountRy).
As stated in the user guide none of your Version 1 settings are migrated to version 2 you must set V2 up manually
73 Terry G4POP