LOTW will not upload

mi0nwa
Advanced Class

LOTW will not upload

Post by mi0nwa »

My uploads to LOTW are throwing back errors. I've notice the is a comma after the FT8 on QRZ as well. My LOTW certificate is in date also, not sure whats going on, have lost 15 QSO's so far and I've totally uninstalled Log4om and done a fresh setup from scratch and getting the same errors. Also my grid squares and ITU zone etc all match.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (39.62 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
Capture 2.PNG
Capture 2.PNG (121.92 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: LOTW will not upload

Post by G4POP »

Your JT program (WSJT/JTDX etc) sends the mode to Log4OM, it looks like that is where the comma originated.

The comma will throw an exception with LOTW which QRZ is not so fussy about, I would take a look at your JT program to check whats happening but edit the Log4OM mode for that particular QSO to remove the comma then do a manual upload of the missing LOTW QSO's

If something has been working OK and suddenly does not its because something changed and doing a reinstall of Log4OM is rarely the answer. The only real reason to do a reinstall is if after a Log4OM program update something does not work.

Please as always try to state the version of Log4OM your using, see Help/about for that
73 Terry G4POP
mi0nwa
Advanced Class

Post by mi0nwa »

Hi Terry, my whole log4om log had changed to "FT8," for some odd reason, I am in the middle of restoring it back as I have backup software AOMEI Backupper and restoring it back to a time everything worked, hopefully this solves me problem.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

What is your JT software that you use? I am using both and can check late afternoon when I am back from the QRL. Not sure i have the latest ones of JTDX and WSJT-X. What version numbers are you using?
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
mi0nwa
Advanced Class

Post by mi0nwa »

Ok so I restored my PC's partitions back to when it last worked and same thing happening, getting the "FT8," thing, I installed HRD software and no problems at all logging. I'm using JT Alert 2.16.13 and WSJT-X 2.2.2. Don't understand why its still doing it after recovering the PC, has me baffled. I'm still using Log4om 2.16 as I cant use the lastest one due to the freezing issue all the time.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

As I said I think you will find the problem is the JT programs
73 Terry G4POP
mi0nwa
Advanced Class

Post by mi0nwa »

Funny then that it ain't doing it with HRD. I'm lost to be honest.
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Using the same versions of WSJT-X and JTalert and not have had any problem with logging FT8 contacts
with any V2 since we start alpha testing. Still confused from what those damn´komma came from in your
Log. Can´t reproduce this error here.

:? :?
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
mi0nwa
Advanced Class

Post by mi0nwa »

It has my head wrecked, I've had to go back to using HRD in the meantime as I've no other alternative as I cant upload my logs to LOTW. Everything is working fine with HRD so don't understand it if I'm honest.
mi0nwa
Advanced Class

Post by mi0nwa »

So I downloaded the newest version of Log4om the problem went away, so I install the 2.16 version back in the problem came back, so defiantly a Log4om thing and not as suggested a JT thing. The newest version of Log4om works fine but I can't use it due to it freezing up after a while. I'll just use HRD for a while until theres a fix for the freezing issue within Log4om and eventually come back to it, until then I'm stuck with HRD.