US COUNTIES

F6EXV
Old Man

US COUNTIES

Post by F6EXV »

Hello all
Is there a way to set things up so that when a QSO with a US station is confirmed on LoTW and downloaded, it automatically is copied in the USA-CA field ?

Merry Christmas to all !
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: US COUNTIES

Post by G4POP »

The QSO's should already be identified for the USA-CA award in your logbook, why do you want to have some mechanism to update from an LOTW download?
73 Terry G4POP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Terry,

I can think of one reason. When making contacts on the County Hunters net, yes, the county will be known. However, in other contacts (contest, etc), the county might not be included. When the LOTW confirmation come in, it might be there. In those cases, it would be helpful to have then added to the USA-CA field. It isn't an issue for me (I am USA-CA 429), but it could be for those who are working toward USA-CA.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Jim N6VH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

N6VH wrote: 26 Dec 2020, 20:06 Terry,

I can think of one reason. When making contacts on the County Hunters net, yes, the county will be known. However, in other contacts (contest, etc), the county might not be included. When the LOTW confirmation come in, it might be there. In those cases, it would be helpful to have then added to the USA-CA field. It isn't an issue for me (I am USA-CA 429), but it could be for those who are working toward USA-CA.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Jim N6VH
Sorry Jim but I still dont see the need when Log4OM does that for you when entering the QSO?

However if you have QSO's that dont have a CA reference apportioned to them then its easy to do using the process listed below.

1. View/Award status
2. Select USA-CA award and check how many counties are WORKED in statistics tab
3. Go to maintenance tab - click RESCAN AWARD REFERENCES

US Counties will be updated and you will now see an increased number of WORKED counties in the statistics tab

Of course they will also show confirmation status
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Terry
The county may be there if you are a paying subscriber to qrz.com. If you are not, like me, a poor ham, the question still remains.
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Why you don´t use HamQTH ? It´s completly free and gives all informations to
every HAM. Poor or not, HI.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6EXV wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 06:39 Terry
The county may be there if you are a paying subscriber to qrz.com. If you are not, like me, a poor ham, the question still remains.
My explanation above has nothing to do with QRZ or HamQTH lookup its just a Log4OM rebuild function! where did I mention QRZ?

I think that you misunderstood? I am refereeing to completing the USA-CA Award reference automatically by retrieving the county from the county field in the users logbook, not on line lookups!
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Terry
I just did that, and yes, the statistics seam to be correct.
Wouldn't it be easier if the county was automatically copied to the proper award field, rather than having to do this (easy) procedure ?
The info is there, but in the wrong field untill this procedure is run.
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6EXV wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 08:26 Terry
I just did that, and yes, the statistics seam to be correct.
Wouldn't it be easier if the county was automatically copied to the proper award field, rather than having to do this (easy) procedure ?
The info is there, but in the wrong field untill this procedure is run.
The awards field is updated automatically on a main ADIF import if you select to do the checks (Option 1)

There will eventually be many thousands of awards, there are already dozens! so when live logging we dont update ALL awards for QSO's arriving from elsewhere like WSJT, FLDigi etc, thats why we provide a rebuild option in maintenance.

Most users are only interested in a few awards so we dont consume resources which would slow things down considerably by updating every award in the universe when live logging, sometimes the user has to play a part in their data management.
73 Terry G4POP
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Terry,

Sorry. I was under the mistaken impression that the award reference was not updated when the QSO is manually entered. I see that I was wrong.

Jim N6VH