This "newbee" has got two questions...

DL4DBM
Novice Class

This "newbee" has got two questions...

Post by DL4DBM »

First of all: HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let's hope this new year will be a lot better than the last has been...

I'm using Log4OM V2 for about three weeksnow and I can only admitt: IT'S GREAT! Thumbs up!
But I've got two things which I can't find in the manual:

1. Whenever I'm having a QSO with a state-side-station the fields like Name, QTH and County are being filled out with the details from QRZ.com. After accomplishing the contact the QSO is in the logbook (recent QSOs) with these details. But, whenever I look at this QSO (Edit QSO) the County is there but NOT in "Award Refs" ("USA-CA....") After saving the QSO again, then the county is visible at "Award Refs". Why's that?
Looking at the CQ/ITU-Zones at the logbook (recent QSOs) of a contact they sometime differ from the ones at "Edit QSO"...

2. I haven't tried to print out any labels for QSL-cards yet but if I work the SAME station in the SAME mode on the SAME band I do not want to send this station two cards... How can I avoid this or is it possible to manage this via the "label print" menue?

Thank you all for this really great job on behalf of this terrific piece of software!
73 de Ben
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: This "newbee" has got two questions...

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Ben, if the states is not in the USA-CA statistics use "Maintenance/Rescan award references" in the
"View/Award status" tab.

To print more than one QSO on a Label use the Lable Editor where you can set the number of QSO´s
that you like to print to one Label. For me i have set it to a max of 3 contacts.

HNY to you too and have fun with Log4OM ... ;) ;)

1.png
1.png (10.85 KiB) Viewed 2503 times
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

DL4DBM wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 14:00
1. Whenever I'm having a QSO with a state-side-station the fields like Name, QTH and County are being filled out with the details from QRZ.com. After accomplishing the contact the QSO is in the logbook (recent QSOs) with these details. But, whenever I look at this QSO (Edit QSO) the County is there but NOT in "Award Refs" ("USA-CA....") After saving the QSO again, then the county is visible at "Award Refs". Why's that?

Its because the QSO needs re-scanning before it is displayed and is also shown in awards statistics, unless of course you add the award ref manually while entering the QSO

Looking at the CQ/ITU-Zones at the logbook (recent QSOs) of a contact they sometime differ from the ones at "Edit QSO"...

I have not noticed this and having just checked 10 entries they are all correct but I will watch for this!

2. I haven't tried to print out any labels for QSL-cards yet but if I work the SAME station in the SAME mode on the SAME band I do not want to send this station two cards... How can I avoid this or is it possible to manage this via the "label print" menue?

User guide page 107 second image, field marked as 'QSO per label' as shown below

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (34.19 KiB) Viewed 2503 times
73 Terry G4POP
DL4DBM
Novice Class

Post by DL4DBM »

Thanks Terry and Jürgen!

I will describe the issue about sending multiple cards to a station:
Let's say I've worked a station in 2018 on 20m in SSB and I've already send him a QSL confirming this contact. Than, I'm working that same station in 2020 on 20m in SSB again... I've send the first QSL years ago and I don't want to send another card confirming the SSB-contact on 20m again. I know it's possible to set "send" -> "Invalid" but it is rather difficult to recall a contact which is a log way back :)
It would be nice to have the option "Not send for Band or Mode"...
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Providing the cards already sent are marked QSL sent = yes the confirmation will not be sent again

Only QSO'S marked QSL sent status = yes or requested will be sent

Suggest you watch the 3 YouTube tutorials about confirmations and check out the user guide
73 Terry G4POP
DL4DBM
Novice Class

Post by DL4DBM »

Thanks Terry! I'll watch them again this evening! ;)
CT1BXX
Old Man

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi,
HNY to all.

I think that what Ben is asking it's different, and I also share his idea.
The situation is pertinent.
The point is: having two QSO's with the same station in the same mode and band, it doesn't make sense to print these two contacts having the qso been in the same band and mode despite different dates.
The idea is how to print just one of the contacts, perhaps the most recent, I think.

I think this is the point that Ben asks or am I wrong?
I realized the detail because a few years ago, before I know Log4OM, I used a logbook that had this particular feature, at the user's option, ignoring the qso to print if it was done in the same band and mode.

Print just one qso per label does not solve, because a second label would then come out with the second contact, ( in same mode and Band) which is what you want to avoid.
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Manuel,
First HNY and a better one now we are out of the clutches of Brussells hi

You have two opportunities in the print label routine to de-select QSO'S on the same band/mode with the same station.

First one is where you make the initial selection and the second by unchecking selected QSO'S when you verify the details

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (129.45 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Hi all
HNY , and let's forget 2020 quickly !
May I enter this discussion.
Indeed I think there is a misunderstanding among the participants.
The question is : can Log4OM automatically eliminate these dupes from QSL printing queue (if for example the default option is to send everyone a card).
Imagine the case of someone making a lot of contests, where you work the same stations over and over on the same band and same mode contest after contest. You may want to send a card for the 1st contact, but not send it again over and over....
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No there is no automatic system for this and it's doubtful we will add one because although the QSO'S might be on the same band and mode there may be other reasons for sending the card like different QTH, GRID SQUARE, Etc

There has to be some user participation in software to ensure the correct outcome.
73 Terry G4POP