WSJT-X "Catch up"

g0mfr
Novice Class

WSJT-X "Catch up"

Post by g0mfr »

Hello Folks,

I use the WSJT-X -> LOg4OM integration for logging digi contacts.
Since upgrading to V2 it still works but it does not catch up on missed QSOs.

I used to use WSJT-X without log4om running then next time I started log4om it would log all of the QSOs that had happened while it wasn't running.

Since upgrading to V2 this doesn't happen.

Usually I'll remember to start Log4om and it's all fine - but if I don't have it running it's a bit of a faff to export and import the missed QSOs.

Anyone else seen this and is there a setting I've missed somewhere?

Thanks
73 Gareth G0MFR
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: WSJT-X "Catch up"

Post by G4POP »

Why is it missing contacts, are you running WSJT stand alone or something.
73 Terry G4POP
g0mfr
Novice Class

Post by g0mfr »

Running WSJT with the UDP server on 127.0.0.1 and the port matched in the UDP_INBOUND in Log4OM.
When both are running it works fine.

It's just that if I run WSJT without Log4OM running... when I start log4om later it doesn't pick up the QSOs I made while it was not running.
V1 used to do this.

Not a big deal just interested to know if I can get it to work.

Cheers
Gareth
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

g0mfr wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 15:15 Running WSJT with the UDP server on 127.0.0.1 and the port matched in the UDP_INBOUND in Log4OM.
When both are running it works fine.

It's just that if I run WSJT without Log4OM running... when I start log4om later it doesn't pick up the QSOs I made while it was not running.
V1 used to do this.

Not a big deal just interested to know if I can get it to work.

Cheers
Gareth

It wont because its a different system in Version 2

In version 2 the QSO is passed to Log4OM from WSJT in real time via UDP it is expected that Log4OM and WSJT will both be running in unison.

Version 1 used an ADIF monitor to check the WSJT log file for QSO's that had occurred since the last time it was checked by log4OM. Therefore when you opened Log4OM, some time after your last WSJT session, it checked the log file for new QSO's and if it found some it imported them.

The WSJT logfile was not always correct for many reasons so sometimes you got double entries and QSO records that were not completed.

The answer is to run the two programs as instructed in our user guide, you can even automatically start WSJT when Log4OM is opened if that helps you.
73 Terry G4POP
g0mfr
Novice Class

Post by g0mfr »

Thanks Terry - makes sense.
I'll take care to make sure I always have Log4OM active when I'm using WSJT-X.
73 Gareth G0MFR