QRZ Automatic Upload - SOLVED

M7RTB
Novice Class

QRZ Automatic Upload - SOLVED

Post by M7RTB »

Started using Log4OM last night (latest version) amazing piece of software! Just have one little issue QRZ Uploads are not working.

I have Log4OM grabbing the QSO data from an ADIF produced by WSJT (work as QSO's are appearing in Log4OM)
I am a subscriber to QRZ XML
I have entered the API details in to Log4OM

I left Log4OM running overnight and QSOs did not appear in QRZ so don't think its any sort of delay.

The upload to QRZ works from GridTracker so I know I have the API right.

I have looked through the logs the best I can and can't see a failed to upload to QRZ or anything similar (although not sure what I am looking for)

Any one else experiencing similar? anything I can try?
Last edited by M7RTB on 16 Jan 2021, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QRZ Automatic Upload

Post by G4POP »

So your using the ADIF monitor, like you are reading the WSJT_log.adi using the Log4OM ADIF monitor?

QSO's received vial ADIF monitor are not subject to the same data checking and automatic uploads as when they are received via UDP so thats probably the reason for your perceived issue.

However check that QRZ upload is working in Log4OM by going to the QSL manager and select some QSO's that have not been uploaded to QRZ and see if they will manually upload, if they upload OK then the automatic upload will also work.

Read the upload log, if you see messages like already uploaded or duplicate then its because GridTracker already did the upload, in which case create a dummy QSO in Log4OM and see if that uploads.
73 Terry G4POP
M7RTB
Novice Class

Post by M7RTB »

Interestingly I have just added a QSO manually and it uploaded to QRZ........

Posted before I saw your reply will take a look at the logs
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No need to check if a manual qso uploaded it's fine and will work via UDP providing WSJT, JTALERT, GRIDTRACKER have not already uploaded the qso.

So what is the answer about ADIF monitor, is that what your using?
73 Terry G4POP
M7RTB
Novice Class

Post by M7RTB »

Thanks for your help G4POP all sorted switched to using UDP rather than ADIF monitor solved the problem.

73's M7RTB
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

M7RTB wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 14:43 Thanks for your help G4POP all sorted switched to using UDP rather than ADIF monitor solved the problem.

73's M7RTB
That's good news.

You will find better support here than you will on Facebook because we monitor it hourly and there is a huge pool of users to assist also.

Please post to Facebook the resolution of you problem to avoid lots of well intentioned but rubbish answers
73 Terry G4POP
M7RTB
Novice Class

Post by M7RTB »

G4POP wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 14:50
M7RTB wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 14:43 Thanks for your help G4POP all sorted switched to using UDP rather than ADIF monitor solved the problem.

73's M7RTB
Please post to Facebook the resolution of you problem to avoid lots of well intentioned but rubbish answers
Already done the facebook post and changed the title on this post to SOLVED.
nd1x
Novice Class

QRZ XML

Post by nd1x »

I am QRZ paid subscriber so I have XML available. I am using LoG4OM ver. 2.11. When, in most instances when I have a call in the callsign window, usually most of the time I will see his QSL card etc. Now I do not see any. I can click on web icon just below the green + and QRZ comes up with that persons info. What am I missing being I use have this work for me before.

Tnx, John
ND1X
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: QRZ XML

Post by G4POP »

nd1x wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 17:46 I am QRZ paid subscriber so I have XML available. I am using LoG4OM ver. 2.11. When, in most instances when I have a call in the callsign window, usually most of the time I will see his QSL card etc. Now I do not see any. I can click on web icon just below the green + and QRZ comes up with that persons info. What am I missing being I use have this work for me before.

Tnx, John
ND1X
Examples of some calls that don't work please
73 Terry G4POP
K1wnt
Novice Class

Re: QRZ Automatic Upload - SOLVED

Post by K1wnt »

Greetings Terry, I have noticed that all qsos made using fldigi do not automatically upload to qrz or clublog. From your last post it looks like it must be because fldigi logging uses a adif monitoring. Is there any other way to get fldigi qsos to auto upload?

Regards, Roger K1WNT