Problem Uploading QSO's to LOTW

G0VSS
Novice Class

Problem Uploading QSO's to LOTW

Post by G0VSS »

Hi
I am getting into the use of EQSL and LOTW but I have come up against a problem the answer to which is probably obvious or has been asked and explained previously.
The problem I have relates to paper QSL card confirmations. I have looked at the 2 videos on upload and updating QSL status.
I have QSL cards going back to 1995, the QSO information for these and all other contacts made from then and until now have been imported into LOG4OM.
I am now going through and updating the QSL card sent and received status, so for most of the old QSO's I have sent and also received a QSL card. However when I go to upload this QSO to LOTW (which I have manually updated as both sent and received) I get a LOG4OM popup saying that the qso cannot be uploaded. I have successfully uploaded other old QSO's where they do not have a QSL card recorded without a problem.
I have more recent QSO's which I intend to upload where the Paper QSL status may also be sent and received so I am anticipating the same problem trying to upload these where I have recorded the paper QSL
I am aware that for DXCC etc., I will may need to have them Validated before they can accepted for DXCC.

I hope you can help - if there is an explanation video or text for this, please can you point me in the right direction (I have read the manual but I cannot find the process for the problem I have)

Thanks
Ray
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Problem Uploading QSO's to LOTW

Post by G4POP »

If I understand you correctly my take is as follows

1. You cannot upload paper confirmations to LOTW you must send the physical cards to an ARRL card checker for validation and they will include the paper confirmation on your DXCC records.

2. When your cards have been physically checked and recorded by a card checker, then when you DOWNLOAD from LOTW you can elect to include the paper confirmations in the download and this will update your QSO records as verified or credited etc.

Comments:

If you see error messages when doing an upload or download in Log4OM please take a screen shot of the dialog or save the logfile and display it with your post on this forum.

Saying "I get a LOG4OM popup saying that the qso cannot be uploaded" does not tell us the full story whereas the log file or screen shot probably will.

Also please always state EXACTLY which version of V2 you are using (Help/About)
73 Terry G4POP
G0VSS
Novice Class

Post by G0VSS »

Hi Terry
Thanks for your reply

I am using Version 2.11.0.0

Yes I am OK with and fully understand the paper QSL validation procedure and I don't have any problems with that.

So I have imported my old logs into LOG4OM without any issues, but I have had to go through and update the sent and received Paper QSL status in these previous QSO's and there are quite a few where I have both sent and received Paper QSL cards. I checked the video tutorials on the processes to update the QSL information and hope that I have done this correctly. I can upload successfully any QSO's where there is no updated QSL status recorded. (I did have an error with upload initially as LOTW could not find the ADI file - I was able to correct this by launching LOG4OM as Admin which then gives me some options when I upload and works as expected)
However when I do the same process to upload those QSO's where I have updated the QSL status, I get a LOG4OM error popup.
I have as requested attached a screen capture of a QSO that I have updated and also the upload screen showing the error popup.
I hope that this enough info for you, but if not, please let me know.
Thanks
Ray
1 QSO's Station Inf Highlighted.jpg
1 QSO's Station Inf Highlighted.jpg (55.72 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
[attachment=1]1 Upload Error.jpg
Attachments
1 Upload Error.jpg
1 Upload Error.jpg (53.93 KiB) Viewed 1625 times
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

No no no!

What you see in the green box is also the type of upload, and as I said you cant upload a qsl PAPER card (QSL)

If you want to upload to LOTW all QSO'S where a paper card has been sent or perhaps received is to first use filters to select the QSO'S

E.g. QSL sent status = Y

Select/highlight the filtered QSO'S

Then with LOTW selected in the green box click on upload

Rule
You cannot upload QSL (paper cards)
You can only download from EQSL and LOTW other on line logs don't provide a download method
73 Terry G4POP
G0VSS
Novice Class

Post by G0VSS »

Hi Terry

Thanks very much - yes I was trying to upload the QSO, of course not the QSL.
I was doing as you suggested, searching the cards through a filter, but I did not realise the green box was also the type of upload, so apologies for my misunderstanding of this function. I have carried out a test using the filter as before and then selected LOTW and uploaded without any issue.

Thanks very much for your help - its a great program, with excellent support and I am going to do my bit and make a donation

Ray