Hamqth.com Question and Comment

NR3E
Advanced Class

Hamqth.com Question and Comment

Post by NR3E »

I have been using hamqth.com for some time as my primary callsign lookup program in Log4OM. With my recent callsign change, I noticed that they don't seem to update very often. I have sent an email to their support address, but it has gone unanswered. Also, I checked their Facebook page and it has not been updated for about a year.

I don't want to say anything bad about them, but has anyone had any experience with contacting them or using their lookup service?

Thanks,
Ron, NR3E (new call)
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Hamqth.com Question and Comment

Post by DF5WW »

Hello Ron,

HamQTH doesn´t make any updates in their data. The user has to change/correct his data personally.
qrz.com receives data from the FCC for american Hams but not for the rest of the world so for DX
members it´s the same, they have to change.

So if you are registered member (it´s free) of HamQTH log in to the site and make your changes.

If i misunderstood your question please ask again ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
NR3E
Advanced Class

Re: Hamqth.com Question and Comment

Post by NR3E »

DF5WW wrote: 24 Jan 2021, 16:00
The user has to change/correct his data personally.

If i misunderstood your question please ask again ... ;) ;)
You are right about what I want to do. Finally, I figured out how to modify the information on their website. I had to take control of NR3E and change all the info in it. My old call of KI4TN is still in there and I will try to do something with it.

Thanks for your help, without which I would have given up.

73 from Ron, NR3E