Winkeyer Issues

2E0YMT
Novice Class

Winkeyer Issues

Post by 2E0YMT »

My TRX is the IC7610 and im using a brand new ZLP CW interface that arrived 3days ago. It connected up fine to my pc and the log4om loads the hardware on my com port. Neil tells me the interface uses emulation 2.3. I am unsure exactly of the preferred setting son the 7610 but it does work as is but only reliably with direct typed input, the macros are not good at all....

If I use the shipped defaultmacro.txt and say use G4POP as the station to work.

Pressing F1 produces "C PSE K DE 2E0YMT 2E0YMT 2E0YMT CQ CQ CQ DE 2E0YMT 2E0YMT 2E0YMT"
First part gets scrambled with the end

Pressing F4 produces "GP DE 2E0YMT 2E0YMT YR RST 599 5NN NAME IS PAUL QTH IS M"
Callsigns get shortened and the QTH aslo.
If I remove the <MY_QTH> off the end and type MANCHESTER in the F4 macro
it produces "GTERP DE 2E0YMT 2E0YMT YR RST 599 5NN NAME IS PAUL QTH IS MANCHES"

Pressing F5 produces "G4POP DE 2E0YMT 73 GD DX PAUL QSL VIA LOTW OR BUREAU 2E0YMT SK"
If I simply substitute <NAME> for <HIS_NAME>
It then produces "GT SK DE 2E0YMT 73 GD DX T G QSL VIA LOTW OR BUREAU 2E0YM"

Macros & long strings appear not work well..direct input works well.

Hope the team can check and advise.

Thanks a lot. 73 de 2e0ymt
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Winkeyer Issues

Post by G4POP »

If you search the forum I think you will find this was reported already, however it is already a high priority on our mantis to do list

Meanwhile try editing the macros by adding spaces or dots at the start to create a time delay etc
73 Terry G4POP
2E0YMT
Novice Class

Post by 2E0YMT »

I had reckoned to search......but anyway good to hear it is high on the priority list.

I have tried your suggestion but no joy at all, the message still gets jumbled up. Hopefully it can get fixed up soon im really keen to start using it :cry:

73 Paul
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

2E0YMT wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 11:31 I had reckoned to search......but anyway good to hear it is high on the priority list.

I have tried your suggestion but no joy at all, the message still gets jumbled up. Hopefully it can get fixed up soon im really keen to start using it :cry:

73 Paul
Paul,

Sry for delay. We're currently testing a fix for this. It has been working FB for me all day today. Will be in next maintenance release. Won't be too long.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
2E0YMT
Novice Class

Post by 2E0YMT »

Hey Nolan,

Ive received a mssg From Terry earlier today. Thanks to all concerned, I great update IMO I will see how it goes from my end.

Best, Paul