Xiegu G90 CAT (Omnirig) informations

DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Xiegu G90 CAT (Omnirig) informations

Post by DF5WW »

Have buyed a new small transceiver called Xiegu G90. It´s a nice little rig from China and
it has all amateur bands included between 1.8 and 30 MHz. Have setted it up to day to work
togehter with Omnirig. Wasn´t a big problem. I connected the USB Cable to the PC and the
driver was installed by Windows 10 automaticly. I connected the transceiver and i checked
the Windows device manager for the new virtual COM port (in my case it was COM10). Now
i setted up Omnirig like you can see in the attached screenshot.

Omnirig G90.png
Omnirig G90.png (6.56 KiB) Viewed 4498 times

Try out and be happy with a Xiegu G90 conneted to Log4OM (V1 and V2) .....

For digital modes you need a seperate interface. I have ordered mine in the U.K. via eBay.
Not tested yet but i will provide more informations about that when it´s arrived and tested.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
VA2SS
Novice Class

Re: Xiegu G90 CAT (Omnirig) informations

Post by VA2SS »

Hi Juergen ,

Thanks for the information. I waiting for my G90 in the next days. This information will save me searching. I'm a new Log4OM 2 user, and I really enjoy it so far. For digital mode integration, I am planning to make one by myself. I really don't like the ugly interface Xiegu are selling... :D :D :D Naahhh... this is ok... many people will enjoy there interface... :D

Looking forward to operate the G90.

Best 73
73 de Jeff | VA2SS
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Jeff,

my G90 arrived me last Saturday and it´s not ready for digital modes yet. But have orderes
an interface from XGGCOMM in the U.K. and also another CAT cable. Looks like the original
one don´t likes HF beside and my antenna wire is only 2 meters away, HI.

Ordered via Ebay ant the item is this one: https://www.ebay.de/itm/373460722510

If it will arriving me end of the next week i can give a short report about functionality .... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
VA2SS
Novice Class

Post by VA2SS »

Hi Juergen ,

OK thanks for the information. Yes, please keep us with an update when you receive your interface. Thanks for sharing inofrmation. :)

Best 73
73 de Jeff | VA2SS