Upload to LOTW

KI7ZOA
Novice Class

Upload to LOTW

Post by KI7ZOA »

I am just starting to use Log4OM and I have run into a situation that the Manual does not seem to address (and I've found no YouTube or files in the Support section here that seem to address my issue). I am automatically uploading QSOs from my 7300, running WSJT-X. They appear in my Recent QSO list on Log4OM. I would like now to transfer them to LoTW. I have configured the Program Configuration pages as described, I had assumed that Log4OM would automatically upload QSOs to LoTW, This does not happen. I can write out an ADIF file and load it to LoTW using TQSL, but I shouldn't have to do that should I??
    I would appreciate any support or pointers to sources that my address this concern. Thanks
    John Limb KI7ZOA
    DF5WW
    Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Upload to LOTW

Post by DF5WW »

Have you seen that you have to close Log4OM that the automatic upload (on close) can work ?
    The LotW don´t allows uploads for each qso so the only thing was to create an automatted
    upload at close. If all is setted correctly and you restart Log4OM for your next session all the
    LotW you have worked in the last session should be show´n as LotW send status = Y.
    73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
    G4POP
    Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Page 106 of the user guide explains what Jurgen stated
    73 Terry G4POP
    KI7ZOA
    Novice Class

Post by KI7ZOA »

Thank you. Yes, I was aware that uploads to LoTW were not done immediately. I wonder whether I need an explicit entry for LoTW in the "UDP Outbound Connections". I have an inbound connection for WSTJ but no outbound connections. Again, thank you for your prompt reply.
    John KI7ZOA
    G4POP
    Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

UDP is not required for LOTW upload of download
    73 Terry G4POP
    DF5WW
    Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

If it not works after closing Log4OM check your LotW settings in the setup. Have you setted the
    correct path to TQSL, are your station location correct, is your password for your LotW Cert
    correct (if you use one).

As Terry stated, there is no UDP needed for the LotW up- and downloads so the mistake must be
    elswhere in your LotW settings.
    73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
    KI7ZOA
    Novice Class

Post by KI7ZOA »

Juergen,
    Maybe I have a wrong setting in the LoTW setup. It asks for a password. I assume this is a password for LoTW. (Tqsl is an executable and I have not used a pwd with it). Bur since Lotw is an application within ARRL I assumed the ARRL password would be the one I would use. Is this correct.?
    John KI7ZOA
    KI5IO
    Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

KI7ZOA wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 00:27 Juergen,
    Maybe I have a wrong setting in the LoTW setup. It asks for a password. I assume this is a password for LoTW. (Tqsl is an executable and I have not used a pwd with it). Bur since Lotw is an application within ARRL I assumed the ARRL password would be the one I would use. Is this correct.?
    John KI7ZOA
    John,

Nope. Your ARRL main site login and password is unto itself.

If you are referring to the TQSL Private Password ... I don't use one.

The login you use for the ARRL - "LOTW" portion is the same as what is used for TQSL.
    73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
    Plano, TX
    KI7ZOA
    Novice Class

Post by KI7ZOA »

I'm referring to the password under External Services>Settings>LOTW. After entering my callsign for User, it asks for password. What password should I put? I, also, was not planning to use aTQSL password and have not entered one there.

John KI7ZOA
    G4POP
    Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

John,
    Use the password you Use to log onto the LOTW website

User name and password are only used for LOTW download

Tqsl is instructed to upload the ADIF file we generate in LOG4OM
    73 Terry G4POP