Award references import

KI5BLU
Novice Class

Award references import

Post by KI5BLU »

Hi - I'm still struggling to convert my Log4OM V1 log to V2.
Done the import (ADIF v3), downloaded LOTW confirmations (QSL manager) and still the award totals don't add up. Attached an example - QSO was confirmed via paper QSL, sent to card checker and added to DXCC record.
In V1, I had manually changed QSL status to "verified" and manually selected the Award references to granted (see screenshot). In V2, that shows up as QSL received but nothing in the award references:

In V1:
V1_1.JPG
V1_1.JPG (57.29 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
V1_2.JPG
V1_2.JPG (53.6 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
In V2:
V2_2.JPG
V2_2.JPG (47.22 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
Any suggestions? Any way to import the award references separately from V1? (and first export them from V1?)
Thanks
Tom KI5BLU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Award references import

Post by G4POP »

Think your doing something wrong because it works for me as described in the user guide

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (95.85 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (195.3 KiB) Viewed 2639 times
73 Terry G4POP
KI5BLU
Novice Class

Post by KI5BLU »

Hi! Yes, that works for me too if I enter it in Log4OM v2 but shouldn’t that information come over from V1 when I import the adif? Or do I need to import this info separately somehow?
Don’t want to manually sift through 6800 QSOs and compare award info between v1 and v2 ...
Thanks
Tom KI5BLU
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I reccomend that you first do a full download from LOTW including QSL card confirmations this will update your QSO'S including the granted status, then you can just edit the few that may or may not be missed
73 Terry G4POP
KI5BLU
Novice Class

Post by KI5BLU »

Already had done that, using qso manager and downloading lotw since the beginning of time incl the qso confirmations - that doesn’t seem to help, about 20% or so of total confirmations aren’t there. Also did a full lotw adif download to file and imported the adif - (just for kicks) - no difference either.
KI5BLU
Novice Class

Post by KI5BLU »

So isn’t there a way to port the award qso information from v1 to v2?
Separately the dxcc challenge statistics view still doesn’t work ...
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KI5BLU wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 00:31 So isn’t there a way to port the award qso information from v1 to v2?
From what your saying it would seem not but I can't check because I no longer have V1 installed because I no longer support it, I would need to ask Lele.
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

KI5BLU wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 00:31Separately the dxcc challenge statistics view still doesn’t work ...

There is a known issue with the Challenge award which is on our Mantis list for when Lele has time to check but he is currently overpowered with his day job and has little time for Log4OM
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

checking the challenge issue.
The "Porting" of data from V1 to V2 has been extensively tested and that's strange.

Log4Om relies on some "internal" data to manage awards. Some of those info come from standard ADIF fields (very few) and many of them are coming from "personalized" ADIF fields we export from Log4OM (1 and 2)
If your problem is connected to LoTW data, surely a full download of data from LOTW will fix them

I suggest you also to make a backup of your database (sqlite), then open the AWARDS STATISTICS, select DXCC and make a full award cleanup (it's on one of the tabs in the upper are). Once done your statistics should be clean (DXCC award).
Then redownload the full LOTW data with all flags up and from 1/1/<herMajestyTheQueenBornDate> that should be enough and check the results.

Let us know how it works
lele IW3HMH
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KI5BLU
Novice Class

Post by KI5BLU »

Hi - thanks for the suggestions. I tried but still didn't work. Here's the sequence:

1) Did a full LOTW update (since beginning of time) in V1, everything else looked good; exported into ADIF V3
2) Created new database in V2, imported ADIF
3) Went into Award View, DXCC, mixed. Showed all the worked, validated etc but 0 granted...which means
that the ones that were marked as granted in V1 didn't come over as such
4) Went on the maintenance tab and hit "rescan award references" (BTW I repeated the whole process also once with "wipe award references" followed by rescan - same outcome). Granted still showed 0, everything else same
5) ran a full LOTW import from beginning of time

Result is -- shows 241 DXCCs as granted whereas LOTW shows 271.
If I do a full LOTW Adif download from the website and import that, award statistic shows 259 instead of 241, but if I do another full LOTW download goes back to 241.

I have a number of different station certificates (different QTHs) in LOTW. Could that be one of the issues? Typically TQSL downloads all confirmations, no matter what station cert the profile in Log4OM is set to.

Any suggestions?

Screenshots attached
DXCC_Mixed_view.JPG
DXCC_Mixed_view.JPG (130.64 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
lotw.JPG
lotw.JPG (52.17 KiB) Viewed 2568 times