CQ and ITU zone errors

YO4DG
Novice Class

CQ and ITU zone errors

Post by YO4DG »

Hi friends,

this is my first post on this forum.
I have been using LOG4OM since January 2021 and I consider it an extraordinary login program. I use it in parallel with JTDX and N1MM.
A few days ago I applied for the awards offered by EPC-MC (UltimateAAC) and I was surprised to notice that some connections with callsigns from certain countries, had the wrong CQ and ITU areas.
I made an investigation in this regard and came to this conclusion:

1. When importing ADIF from other programs (JTDX and N1MM), at certain callsigns, LOG4OM changes the CQ and ITU area.

2. This happens only to callsigns from countries that have several ITU and CQ areas on their territory, for example: Russia, USA, Canada, China, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Australia.

3. When I imported into UAAC ADIF directly from JTDX and N1MM these errors do not appear, they appear only after they are imported into LOG4OM. I also imported from WSJT-X, the errors appear here as well.

4. If I manually enter, in LOG4OM, an callsign from the list of errors, it receives the correct CQ and ITU area.

I don't know if anyone has reported this problem before and if a solution has been found. I mention that other known radio amateurs have the same problem (YO4NF and YO9HP).
These errors affect me in obtaining diplomas that are based on the CQ and ITU areas and it is important. I do not understand why the CQ and ITU areas are modified when importing.

Here is a sample (from UAAC) with this error (only the first three in each category):

Found following error (s) in your log:

1 Error (Grid-CQ mismatch): R8XF - 2021-03-15 -> LP51-16 <UAAC uses CQ zone * 17 *
2 Error (Grid-CQ mismatch): R9FDE - 2021-03-18 -> LO88-16 <UAAC uses CQ zone * 17 *
3 Error (Grid-CQ mismatch): R8XF - 2021-03-25 -> LP51-16 <UAAC uses CQ zone * 17 *
.................................................. ...................................

Found following error (s) in your log:

1 Error (Grid-ITU mismatch): R8XF - 2021-03-15 -> LP51-19 <UAAC uses ITU zone * 20 *
2 Error (Grid-ITU mismatch): RV1CC - 2021-03-17 -> KO59-19 <UAAC uses ITU zone * 29 *
3 Error (Grid-ITU mismatch): R9FDE - 2021-03-18 -> LO88-19 <UAAC uses ITU zone * 30 *

I hope that someone will offer me a solution to this problem because I would not want to give up this special program.

With consideration and respect, Gabriel
YO4DG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: CQ and ITU zone errors

Post by G4POP »

Please post to the correct forum area in future this is the version 1 area

I will move your topic
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

A search of the forum reveals that this issue has already been reported and added to the Log4OM Mantis list and is under review by the Log4OM team
73 Terry G4POP
YO4DG
Novice Class

Post by YO4DG »

Thanks for the answer and for moving the topic to the right area, Terry.
I apologize for this inconvenience. I'll be more careful next time.

I hope that this problem will be solved someday with the CQ and ITU areas.
Otherwise, it's a great program.
As a suggestion, for the future, some configurable macro keys, for CW users, something like N1MM or others, would be useful.

All the best, Gabriel
YO4DG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

YO4DG wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 09:23
As a suggestion, for the future, some configurable macro keys, for CW users, something like N1MM or others, would be useful.

Log4OM has full support for Winkeyer and includes the possibility of an unlimited number of macros
73 Terry G4POP
YO4DG
Novice Class

Post by YO4DG »

Indeed, but only for Winkeyer ! :)

Best regards !
Gabriel, YO4DG
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

YO4DG wrote: 31 Mar 2021, 09:38 Indeed, but only for Winkeyer ! :)

Best regards !
Gabriel, YO4DG
So you want support for what exactly?
73 Terry G4POP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Can you kindly send me the ORIGINAL adif from where you imported those data, or a section containing the indicated QSO's?
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
YO4DG
Novice Class

Post by YO4DG »

Hello Daniele,

I will send to your e-mail the original adif generated by JTDX.
Please import that adif with LOG4OM and check the ITU and CQ zone for Russia, USA, Canada, China, Brazil, Argentina, Australia and Kazakhstan after import.

Best regards, Gabriel
YO4DG
YO4DG
Novice Class

Post by YO4DG »

I have already sent the ADIF to your email address on QRZ.com