QSL Confirmation struggle

PA3BZT
Novice Class

QSL Confirmation struggle

Post by PA3BZT »

I watched the three Youtube Confirmation video's a couple of time trying to understand the different QSL Sent
and Receive settings, like No, Yes, Requested, Queued and how this works out in practice to the External Services.
I have enabled automatic upload to eQSL and HRDLOG.
When setting eQSL Sent to Yes, the QSO is registered in my Outbox at eQSL.
Setting HRDLOG Sent to Yes, nothing is registered in HRDLOG. Changing Sent to Requested, my QSO is registered at HRDLOG.

In what situations is Yes, No, Requested or Queued used? Totally unclear to me.
Wish there is a table where the External Services are horizontally lined and the confirmation settings vertically showing
the practical result for each External Service.

I have enabled automatic upload to LOTW at program closure, but nothing is registered in LOTW.
Now using the QSL Manager option Select required"" followed by the Upload requested QSO"", this works fine.

Using the QSL Manager"Select reuired" for eQSL and HRDLOG, shows all my QSO's made so far although they are already uploaded automatically.

As you may understand, the Confirmation process is not clear to me.
Any help is highly appreciated.

73, Fred
WB5UDI
Novice Class

Re: QSL Confirmation struggle

Post by WB5UDI »

Thanks for asking this question as I'm as totally perplexed as well by the different settings... They are not intuitive.

Sincerely,
Stan WB5UDI
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I am not sure how we can help you having detailed this extensively in the user guide and having provided three instructional videos?

I think you probably need to re-think the confirmation 'Sent Status' and watch the early part of the video where I explain why there is No and also requested.

Page 98 of the user guide explains in detail

Extract
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (84.5 KiB) Viewed 3277 times
Setting the sent status of any QSO yo Yes will stop it being uploaded because Yes indicates its already been uploaded
73 Terry G4POP
F6EXV
Old Man

Post by F6EXV »

Hiall
Not sure I understand the difference between queued and requested.
Does that mean you first can change "no" to "queued", and then from "queued" to requested" while there is no other operation involved ??
Why not go direct from "no" to "requested" ?
Thanks + 73
Paul F6EXV
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

F6EXV wrote: 08 Apr 2021, 07:55 Hiall
Not sure I understand the difference between queued and requested.
Does that mean you first can change "no" to "queued", and then from "queued" to requested" while there is no other operation involved ??
Why not go direct from "no" to "requested" ?
I don't use queued or requested, to me the confirmation is either sent (Y) or not sent (n) or I might mark a qso as Ignore(I) where it's a friend that I work every day.

Queued and requests were landed on us by ADIF but if you watch my video I explain that us old codgers never had those states when logging using paper so I don't change now
73 Terry G4POP
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

I use "Requested" for QSL´s which i have ordered via OQRS like ClubLog or other OQRS services.
All my QSL send statuses are at "No" but if i received a card i set to send = "Quequed". With this
option i search the Log for the label print. So i send only cards if i receive qsl before. After
print the send status will be set to "Yes" from the label print facility in Log4OM.

My way to play with it .... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
k3uk
Advanced Class

Post by k3uk »

The oddity for me is that in several examples here and on Youtube LotW asking in Log4OM is set to "NO" but in Terry's chart the description, to me, implies your DON't want to send a QSL via LoTW ?

Andy K3UK
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

k3uk wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 04:51 The oddity for me is that in several examples here and on Youtube LotW asking in Log4OM is set to "NO" but in Terry's chart the description, to me, implies your DON't want to send a QSL via LoTW ?

Andy K3UK
Andy,

Confusion/understanding is underfoot here.

As Terry suggested on your other thread's comments I've sent you an e-mail seeking a time where I can call you and go over the confirmations situation to try and help smooth out the speedbumps.

Check your e-mail.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Andy,

I've sent you two e-mails. Waiting to hear a reply.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
PA3BZT
Novice Class

Post by PA3BZT »

And the struggle keeps going on for me.
No one to explain in simple wordings how to deal with the confirmation settings?

Fred, PA3BZT