Grid Square in Configuration

NR3E
Advanced Class

Grid Square in Configuration

Post by NR3E »

I have two configurations I use most of the time. The first I call "Primary" and use it at home for all my contacts. The second I call "Sota Activations" and use it for what it sounds like. After returning home from a SOTA activation, I modify the SOTA Activations profile with the summit information and grid square then enter all my contacts. Once everything is entered, I switch back to my Primary configuration for regular use.

I have discovered that when I modify the SOTA Activations profile with the grid square and save it, after I am finished with that profile and switch back to the Primary, the grid square in the Primary profile has changed to what I entered and saved in the SOTA profile. I have noticed the reverse also; if I save the grid square in my Primary profile, it is also carried over to the Sota profile.

Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Ron, NR3E
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grid Square in Configuration

Post by G4POP »

NR3E wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 01:47 I have two configurations I use most of the time. The first I call "Primary" and use it at home for all my contacts. The second I call "Sota Activations" and use it for what it sounds like. After returning home from a SOTA activation, I modify the SOTA Activations profile with the summit information and grid square then enter all my contacts. Once everything is entered, I switch back to my Primary configuration for regular use.

I have discovered that when I modify the SOTA Activations profile with the grid square and save it, after I am finished with that profile and switch back to the Primary, the grid square in the Primary profile has changed to what I entered and saved in the SOTA profile. I have noticed the reverse also; if I save the grid square in my Primary profile, it is also carried over to the Sota profile.

Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Ron, NR3E

No your not doing anything wrong the grid location in station info is a global setting not as your require a grid reference allied to YOUR specific SOTA or other award reference.

You have however highlighted the need for being able to add a current my grid ref to an award ref in this window so I will add that to our mantis list

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (24.47 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
73 Terry G4POP
NR3E
Advanced Class

Re: Grid Square in Configuration

Post by NR3E »

Thank you, Terry, as usual I appreciate what you do.

Ron, NR3E