Filter - Recent QSO F7

CT1BXX
Old Man

Filter - Recent QSO F7

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi

I created a filter to use "Recent QSO´s" F7 to see the contacts made in the present day.
For ease, I used a "Custom Query" with the following expression:

qsodate> current_date

It works perfectly.
Following the same idea, but now to show the contacts made in the present month, I used the expression:

MONTH (qsodate) = MONTH (current_date)

Unfortunately it doesn't work.
Can you help me?
73 Manuel Fernando CT1BXX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Filter - Recent QSO F7

Post by G4POP »

No it should be two filters, start date and end date, if in the recent QSO window or use the date range facility in the QSO manager

Normal filtering would have to be QSO date greater than or equal to (start date) and less than or equal to (end date)

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (51 KiB) Viewed 1382 times

Or in QSO manager

Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (172.14 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
73 Terry G4POP
CT1BXX
Old Man

Re: Filter - Recent QSO F7

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi Terry,

Thank you very much for the suggestion.
I know I could filter that way, but that forces me to choose dates monthly.

Using an SQL expression, a "costum query", we get the same result without the need to enter dates, so that we don't have to include dates whenever I want to have this listing.

A SQL expression, is more "universal", during the times... so better to use for monthly listing, or year.

It is true that I could create and save 12 filters for a year, but with the change of year there would return to the same situation, the need to change the year, so an SQL expression solves the situation forever, on the other hand, as the program offers us the possibility of using "Use custom query" is a tool that knowing some sql expressions, we can create listings according to the particular needs of each user.

That´s the reason why I rather prefer using the tool "custom query". :)
CT1BXX
Old Man

[Resolved] Filter - Recent QSO F7

Post by CT1BXX »

Hi

If any of you are interested, I come to share with the solution to create a monthly listing on "Recent QSO or QSO Manager"
My mistake was to use a query for SQL, when it should be for SQLite, since my database is SQLite.
So following the same idea, I just adapted the code for SQLite and bingo! :D
it works perfectly.

I think that this tool if explored, can be very versatile, in addition to being able to create standard query without having to always fill it in with values that can be assumed to be standardized, which is the case of date ranges.

If you find an error or have a better code, it would be useful if you shared.

Here is the query code, if they use SQLIte.

strftime('%Y', qsodate) = strftime('%Y', current_date) AND strftime('%m', qsodate) = strftime('%m', current_date)