Happy to read about the support for TCI protocol

iw7dmh
Advanced Class

Happy to read about the support for TCI protocol

Post by iw7dmh »

Hello,

I did a test with the latest 2.16.0.0 Log4OM release and the TCI integration works very well with my Sunsdr rig.
I would just highligth that the default TCI port isn't 50001 but 40001. The IP address is the the one configured on the PC and not the one configured on the Rig.

In a future realease I would like the spots color would follow the color cluster settings instead of the current fixed color.

Anyway a great standing ovation for Daniele

Best 73'
Enzo
HB9CVE
Novice Class

Re: Happy to read about the support for TCI protocol

Post by HB9CVE »

The TCI works great. But I can not save my TCI Port number 4001. After a new restart I have to rewrite my portnumber again in the CAT Management. Is this a bug in the program?
la9aka
New user

Post by la9aka »

Same here, it will not save the TCI port or spot colour. I have to re-enter them every time I start the log.

Hans Christian LA9AKA
OK8WW
New user

Post by OK8WW »

The same here...seting TCI port to 40001 is not saving, after restart is 7820...

73 Richard OK8WW
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I have made Lele aware off this but he is on vacation so there could be a delay in fixing it, sorry for the inconvenience
73 Terry G4POP
hb9bun
New user

Post by hb9bun »

Great to see TCI supported! Thank you very much. Using TCI as interface to the SunSDR keying CW from the Keyer Interface Window works well through TCI, except that "Direct Type mode" has quite some delays between the letters, making it less usable.
With Winkeyer this works smoothly without these delays. Any settings that cause this?
73, Peter - HB9BUN
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

hb9bun wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 19:18 Great to see TCI supported! Thank you very much. Using TCI as interface to the SunSDR keying CW from the Keyer Interface Window works well through TCI, except that "Direct Type mode" has quite some delays between the letters, making it less usable.
With Winkeyer this works smoothly without these delays. Any settings that cause this?
73, Peter - HB9BUN
Peter,

We had that "Direct Type Mode" delay with WK a few weeks ago and Lele made some changes to correct. Appears that similar is happening with the Keyer Interface with TCI.

I'll add it to the 'review and fix' list.

Lele is currently on holiday so will be a little while.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Log4OM Expert Electronics SunSDR support
Log4OM 2.19 now provides unparalleled support for the SunSDR range of radios using the TCI protocol provided by Expert Electronics EESDR software as follows:

CAT control
The TCI protocol provides two-way integration of band, frequency and mode information for both VFO’s on each receiver with Log4OM.

Log4OM switches control automatically to the receiver that has focus and obtains Band, Frequency and mode data. (No more incorrectly logged frequencies)

PTT
PTT can be activated from the keyboard via the Log4OM/TCI interface

CW
CW using the Winkeyer control interface included in Log4OM for the EESDR receiver currently being used, thus providing auto online lookup of calls, user defined macros, various keyer controls including speed and QSO logging all from a single GUI.

Cluster Spots
Cluster spots from the Log4OM cluster are automatically displayed on the EESDR spectrum

Left clicking on a displayed spectrum spot automatically sets frequency and mode while at the same time entering the call in the Log4OM QSO interface for online lookup and logging.

Right clicking on a displayed spectrum spot automatically enters the call in the Log4OM QSO interface for online lookup.

Double clicking on a spot in the Log4OM clusters or bandplans instantly synchronises the SunSDR band, frequency and mode with that of the spot.
73 Terry G4POP