Update comment column

KB1FGC
Advanced Class

Update comment column

Post by KB1FGC »

Hi,Is there a way to update the Comment column in a specific date range.I can get the specific date range that I want in the QSO Manager but when I use the filter and select the comment column it shows date outside the range that I want as well as the dates that I selected.I tried using the filter and selected QSO DATE between Jan1-Feb 28 2021 but nothing shows.
Thanks
Thanks Rich
73 KB1FGC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Update comment column

Post by G4POP »

Filter by date

Single field update

Select comments fields

Add data required

Update
73 Terry G4POP
KB1FGC
Advanced Class

Post by KB1FGC »

Hi Terry and thanks for reply.I tried that on 2 QSO's just to see if it worked and it cleared what I had in the comment box.I thought if I kept the clear field unchecked it would add to what was in the comment column. What I'm trying to do is,Keep track of the SKCC QSO's that I load into the SKCC logger by marking them so I know that they went to the SKCC logger.
Rich
Thanks Rich
73 KB1FGC
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

I just tried it and it works FB here, are you sure that you selected/highlighted all of the QSO's that were filtered by date?

Why dont you just use SKCC Logger instead of Log4OM to save the fiddling about transferring the QSO's?
73 Terry G4POP
KB1FGC
Advanced Class

Post by KB1FGC »

Yes I selected the QSO's after filtering them by date.I added something and it added it but erased what was previously there.I like transferring the SKCC QSO's as I use LOG4OM as my daily logger.
I am going to try to use the Association column for marking my SKCC QSO's and see what happens.
I'll let you know

Thanks
Thanks Rich
73 KB1FGC
KB1FGC
Advanced Class

Post by KB1FGC »

It seems like the Association column would work for a single field update but I can't figure where to enter anything in to the Association 1 or 2 column. If that won't work I can use the MY NAME column.
Rich
Thanks Rich
73 KB1FGC
N1FG
Advanced Class

Post by N1FG »

Hi Rich -

I also use Log4OM2 as my daily log and then export the SKCC contacts into SKCC logger to keep the skimmer and process awards etc.

I set Association 1 to SKCC - enter a stations particulars on the F5 Extended page and then change the label on the Recent QSO listing. See photo.

Every week or 10 days I simply select all QSOs which have an entry in the SKCC (Association 1) field and export them to ADIF, then import them into SKCC logger.

Good luck -
Larry N1FG

Edited to correct page for Association reference entry.
Attachments
Log4OM wSKCC Association.JPG
Log4OM wSKCC Association.JPG (202.45 KiB) Viewed 1447 times
Last edited by N1FG on 10 Sep 2021, 10:00, edited 2 times in total.