sending spots and clusters

k2jf
Novice Class

sending spots and clusters

Post by k2jf »

I think before I can send any spots I have to be registered for a cluster. I looked everywhere and could not find out where to do that. Or for that matter I can't figure out what cluster I am using!
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: sending spots and clusters

Post by DF5WW »

In Log4OM we have a test function for cluster spots. There are a lot of cluster you need
a registration for use but also a lot of where everybody can spot.

If you have a cluster where a registration is needed you have to go to the webseite of
this cluster and registering there as a member.
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
k2jf
Novice Class

Post by k2jf »

thanks Jurgen

but how do I find out what cluster I am using?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Phil,

What have you set up at: Connect/ Cluster Management / Connection

I am using connections to ve7cc and n4zkf and they are controlled via the CC User platform. I can set all sorts of filters at CC User for both ve7cc and n4zkf and will run both at some times and sometimes not.

Image below is of my current active servers. BTW - I have selected to show "User Defined Clusters" in my setup. You can control which Clusters to view at: Settings / Program Configuration / Cluster
Attachments
Cluster-Mngmt.JPG
Cluster-Mngmt.JPG (72.28 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
k2jf
Novice Class

Post by k2jf »

Hi Nolan

In looking at the image you sent I cannot find 'cluster management' anywhere in the program. Where do you find that?
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

k2jf wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 16:12 Hi Nolan

In looking at the image you sent I cannot find 'cluster management' anywhere in the program. Where do you find that?
Phil,

I messed up on my path: Connect / Telnet Cluster (opens Cluster Management panel) / Connection

If you have not changed server views in the configuration location I noted you will see a full list of all active servers that Lele has loaded as default with Log5OM V2. Of course you can add any yourself that may not be in the list.

I really like the ve7cc cluster and it's filtering capabilities via the CC User controls.

BTW - Detail information about handling the clusters starts on Page 64 of the "Current User Guide".
Plano, TX
k2jf
Novice Class

Post by k2jf »

Hey Nolan
the connect button was right under my nose! I see it's the ve7 one which I'ved used in past logging programs. And I guess the filtering is pretty simple and is right there next to the spot window. Pretty simple filtering. One other question: I migrated from ACLog and am finding this has more features better organized.

The user guide is a great reference.. thanks
k2jf
Novice Class

Post by k2jf »

one more thing Nolan
If I want only dx stations to show in the cluster and not NA stations how do I arrange that? I see that in filters if I select NA in Spot Origin then I'm also seeing many NA stations and I just want to see dx stations. But if I select EU for spot origin I get dx stations spotted by dx stations which doesn't really tell me my chances of making that contact.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

k2jf wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 18:22 one more thing Nolan
If I want only dx stations to show in the cluster and not NA stations how do I arrange that? I see that in filters if I select NA in Spot Origin then I'm also seeing many NA stations and I just want to see dx stations. But if I select EU for spot origin I get dx stations spotted by dx stations which doesn't really tell me my chances of making that contact.
Phil,

I'm guessing Terry will chime in when he gets a chance to help you with that question. He is very tuned into to the filtering inside of Log4OM V2.

I tend to do all my filtering via the CC User APP for the clusters I connect to there.

I have the full suite of ACLog modules as well and have used now and again. Same with the DX Lab Suite. All work somewhat differently, but Lele and Terry have set Log4OM V2 on a high bar to match/beat. I test all that my station allows me to test, but still only use a small portion of what it is capable of.

BTW - Terry has been known to have almost weekly updates to the User Guide so it is wise to keep checking for new versions.

Welcome to Log4OM V2.
Plano, TX
k2jf
Novice Class

Post by k2jf »

It's a great program Nolan. I tried it several times over the years but never could get past the sql stuff. I had no idea what they wanted. This time I got lucky.