Dual VFOs

G4IUA
Advanced Class

Dual VFOs

Post by G4IUA »

Flex 6600M. Latest release Log4OM. OmniRig 1.19.

How do I show both VFOs side by side? In Log4OM's display the top left correctly shows the output of VFO 1 or 2 as selected. However how do I enable Log4OM to show VFO 1 on the left side and VFO 2 on the right side of the display box?

Jeff - G4IUA
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Dual VFOs

Post by G4POP »

You need to use Hamlib and Slicemaster
73 Terry G4POP
G4IUA
Advanced Class

Post by G4IUA »

Sorry to ask what is probably a very basic question...at least to those experienced with these apps. How do I use Hamlib and Slicemaster with the Flex? I have downloaded Hamlib from Github but I'm not even sure how to install and set it up. Will it happily coexist with Omnirig? I already have Slicemaster up and running. If there are any setup instructions they would be very useful.

Thanks!
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Hamlib is included in Log4om

See the slicemaster user guide 're TCP connection for CAT
73 Terry G4POP
WR0H
Advanced Class

Post by WR0H »

G4POP wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 17:39 You need to use Hamlib and Slicemaster
Can you elaborate a bit? I've tried both the hamlib/slicemaster combination and omnirig (rigs 1 & 2) and have yet to get both displays simultaneously as shown in the Log4OM user manual with my Flex 6600. I can select either rig 1 or 2 to display on the left side, but nothing appears on the right display.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

WR0H wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 03:08
Can you elaborate a bit? I've tried both the hamlib/slicemaster combination and omnirig (rigs 1 & 2) and have yet to get both displays simultaneously as shown in the Log4OM user manual with my Flex 6600. I can select either rig 1 or 2 to display on the left side, but nothing appears on the right display.
We dont show an image of Log4OM with both VFO's displayed when using a Flexradio, see page 196 >>>> of our user guide.

Log4OM follows the active receiver Rig 1/2 only when using slicemaster and Hamlib, not Omnirig. as far as I recal the display of both VFO's is only when using a SunSDR which has TCI or some of the more recent physical radios which provide that facility.

I can only refer you to our user guide and the slicemaster user guide for detailed instructions because I do not own a Flexradio, however you might like to contact your fellow countryman Dale Southard - AE6DS who wrote the instructions in our user guide for further information.
73 Terry G4POP
WR0H
Advanced Class

Post by WR0H »

G4POP wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 07:55
We dont show an image of Log4OM with both VFO's displayed when using a Flexradio, see page 196 >>>> of our user guide.

Log4OM follows the active receiver Rig 1/2 only when using slicemaster and Hamlib, not Omnirig. as far as I recal the display of both VFO's is only when using a SunSDR which has TCI or some of the more recent physical radios which provide that facility.

I can only refer you to our user guide and the slicemaster user guide for detailed instructions because I do not own a Flexradio, however you might like to contact your fellow countryman Dale Southard - AE6DS who wrote the instructions in our user guide for further information.
Thank you for the clarification. FWIW, I was using page 23 as a guide.
WR0H
Advanced Class

Post by WR0H »

Solution: when setting up hamlib, check the "CHECK VFO MODE" checkbox. Now when running split, both VFOs are shown.