Grid Configuration Missing

kd4rau
Novice Class

Grid Configuration Missing

Post by kd4rau »

When using the Recent QSO tab, and you right-click on the grid column title. You get a menu. If you select the Edit Table Layout. The system opens a window. That is not seen. I can see that the window is open by moving the mouse over the taskbar LOG4OM item and it shows the 2 windows. By closing the Grid Configuration window from the taskbar I can get back to the main screen.

I have tried uninstalling and rebooting with a new install, but that has not fixed it.

Has anyone else had this problem

I am running Windows 10 home
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grid Configuration Missing

Post by KI5IO »

kd4rau wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 14:00 When using the Recent QSO tab, and you right-click on the grid column title. You get a menu. If you select the Edit Table Layout. The system opens a window. That is not seen. I can see that the window is open by moving the mouse over the taskbar LOG4OM item and it shows the 2 windows. By closing the Grid Configuration window from the taskbar I can get back to the main screen.

I have tried uninstalling and rebooting with a new install, but that has not fixed it.

Has anyone else had this problem

I am running Windows 10 home
Bill,

By you noting you have done 'new installation' I'm assuming that it is: v2.18.0.0 ??

Have you tried to also open the "Edit Table Layout" from the Cluster (F8) tab? Each of those table layouts are individually adjustable from many different tables in Log4OM2.

When you open the Edit Table Layout and it does not directly display, but you noted you can see that it is open when you hover your mouse over the taskbar icon. What happens when you then click on that Edit Table Layout image when hovering over the taskbar icon?
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
kd4rau
Novice Class

Post by kd4rau »

Simple answers here.

Yes to 2.18

I don't have a table in the cluster. Maybe I don't have something set up to get the cluster-info. But there is no table to click.

If you click the Grid Config window on the taskbar. Nothing happens. It just stays there. You cannot click the main window, without an error beep.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Log4OM/Settings/Program configuration

Edit program config meu

Click 'Reset Grid Layouts'

Save and apply
73 Terry G4POP
kd4rau
Novice Class

Post by kd4rau »

Thanks for you help here.

After doing these steps.

Edit program config meu

Click 'Reset Grid Layouts'

Save and apply

exit and restart both the application and computer.

The same problem exists.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Turn off firewalls and anti virus temporarily and test again
73 Terry G4POP
kd4rau
Novice Class

Post by kd4rau »

Not running any AV or Firewalls.
kd4rau
Novice Class

Post by kd4rau »

I got this fixed. Yes it took hours to figure it out.

So I at one time had 2 monitors on this computer. I stopped using the second monitor as it went bad. So it was completely disconnected from the computer.

It appears that the pop up was remembering that it at one time was on the other monitor and only would show up there. I connected a different monitor as the second monitor and bang.. It was working again.

I would suggest that if the reset button is pressed in the config menu, then all of the cached window locations be cleared.

What a pain, but it is now fixed.

Thanks for your help.