Log4OM2 freezing up

N1LOU
New user

Log4OM2 freezing up

Post by N1LOU »

I am running Log4OM version 2.18.0.0 and I am experiencing freezing of the application where nothing will work. Click on buttons and no response, things like that. It seems to only be in this one application. I am running a Yaesu FTDX 3000 radio, an RSP1A with SDRuno (vers 1.41.1) as my pan adapter, Win4Yaesu suite for (vers 1.388 X64), Omnirig (vers 1.19), and Com0Com (vers 3.0.0). I also have installed WSJT-X (vers 2.4) and FLdigi (vers 4.1.19) but this problem seems to occur with or without those apps running.

My PC has an AMD Ryzen 5 6 core processor, 16 GB of DDR4-3000 memory, and a solid state flash drive with plenty of free space, running Windows 10. It has plenty of resources so I don't suspect the hardware as the issue.

The issue seems to be worse when I start the super cluster.
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM2 freezing up

Post by KI5IO »

Louis,

Do you also have a Telnet Cluster running? You noted when you enable the Super Cluster it further bogs down.

If you also have other clusters running (IE: VE7CC, etc..) are they running full tilt with all spots? Such as FTxx, RBN, etc..?

If that is the case what happens when you turn off all cluster feeds?

I keep my cluster feeds "throttled" at the cluster node to help stem the tide as my laptop is an old/slow processor.

You can also go to Configuration / Performances and toggle on/off certain elements to see if that will help point in a direction for you to look further into.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM2 freezing up

Post by G4POP »

I have a friend that was using an AMD Rayzen powered laptop and he had all sorts of issues trying to run Flex SmartSDR and Log4OM we think due to the poor performance of the graphics chip. He changed to an Intel processor machine and everything now works fine.

So see what happens when you just run Log4OM without any other programs running, then introduce the other programs until you find which one slows everything down.

The other thing we have found that caused issues was Google Chrome which even when it was not running was eating up resources like a hungry pig!
73 Terry G4POP