Error in uploading SAT mode into eQSL using version 2.6.1.0

V2 error reports
nn3rp
Novice Class

Error in uploading SAT mode into eQSL using version 2.6.1.0

Post by nn3rp »

This new error report is opened in the hopes that Log40M technical experts can address the issue. The issue has been reported by several users.

I have been in touch via emails with Dave / N3UP who is one of the eQSL programmers. He gave me permission to quote him here in the forum.

Issue:

The automatic upload to eQSL seems to be missing certain parameter(s). Once the automatic upload takes place, eQSL OutBox does not display the QSOs as being Satellite so they do not match with the InBox.

Note: highlighting the QSOs within the Recent QSO's (F7) and right click to produce / save an ADIF and upload to eQSL creates the right entries on the OutBox.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dave wrote: "If these are satellite QSOs, it looks like Log40M is not including the PROP_MODE tag in the ADIF upload. There's nothing we can do about that, you need to ask the Log40M publisher if he is including that tag as well as Sat_Name and Sat_Mode in the ADIF file.

Dave N5UP"

He also added the following link that describes some of the ADIF tags that have been added for satellite QSOs:
https://www.eqsl.cc/QSLCard/SatelliteInfo.cfm

He further volunteers to assist / support from eQSL contacting him directly at Dave@eQSL.cc

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The aim of this report is to make Log40M work in conjunction with eQSL as it used to do in past versions.
Rafael / NN3RP
nn3rp
Novice Class

Re: Error in uploading SAT mode into eQSL using version 2.6.1.0

Post by nn3rp »

Does anyone in technical support monitors forum? It is disappointing not to hear anyone react. If I provided non-constructive criticism, I am terribly sorry.

I am new to this software and have found bugs in one of my intended use for it.
Rafael / NN3RP
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Yes, we monitor and check everything, but we need a bit of time to make our checks.

According to our info we export PROP_MODE correctly with the correct code (SAT) if the user set this while logging his QSO (that's automatic selected starting from 2.6.1.0)
It seems EQSL expects "SATELLITE" in the PROP_MODE tag, instead of SAT.

if you try a manual upload changing PROP_MODE from SAT to SATELLITE it will much probably be considered as satellite QSO, but that's not standard.
You can eventually try and let us know.

Standard is here: https://www.adif.org/310/ADIF_310.htm#P ... numeration
and clearly states the tag must be <PROP_MODE:3>SAT

so, always according to our actual info, this is not a Log4OM issue.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
nn3rp
Novice Class

Post by nn3rp »

On the link provided by eQSL about ADIF file, it states:
Differences from Point-to-Point Logs QSOs between amateurs is generally point-to-point except in cases of Repeaters and Satellites, which take an input signal on one frequency and transmit it out on another frequency, often on an entirely different band.
So, the primary determinant of a satellite log entry is that the Propagation Mode should be set to "SAT". This triggers most of the changes outlined here. If the Propagation Mode is not set to "SAT", then the QSO will generally be treated as a normal point-to-point QSO, and many of the features we describe here will not be available. So make sure your logger is capturing Propagation Mode and is supplying the ADIF tag "PROP_MODE", even if nothing else is changed in the ADIF upload.

It is important to note that simply putting the satellite name and/or mode into the Comments of your logs will NOT trigger any of the features we describe here, because it's impossible to automatically parse comment lines to find that information. However, we do occasionally look manually through comments to see if we can extract that information and put it into the correct fields. Just don't count on us doing that very often! With 10,000 new logs being uploaded every hour, we don't have the manpower to do that.

As I mentioned in my Note, when I do manually select QSOs by highlighting them within the Recent QSO's (F7) window, and then right click to save an ADIF. This saved file, when opened, it shows, correctly, the "PROP_MODE" listed as SAT. The upload to eQSL creates the right entries on the eQSL OutBox. This does not occur when the automatic Log40M feature is enabled. So the issue is within the automatic upload that pertains to eQSL.

If other Log40M users are having the same issue (and apparently not many satellite chasers use eQSL), then there is a definite problem with the automatic upload. My understanding is that this was not an issue on other versions.

Would it be possible to share an old version of the software to test?

I really love this program and would like to have it fully automatic.
Rafael / NN3RP
nn3rp
Novice Class

Post by nn3rp »

I've had the pleasure to test this software. Due to my unresolved issues here and there that cannot be resolved, I am moving to a different log program for my satellite works.

Again, I had enjoyed testing it. Thanks for the opportunity.

Rafael / NN3RP