QSO Manager | Update QSO | field missing

V2 error reports
HB9BRJ
Old Man

QSO Manager | Update QSO | field missing

Post by HB9BRJ »

Hi all,

Thanks for version 2.0. Imported 13k QSOs from 1.4 backup ADIF in about 8 minutes. In a very few rare instances, the content of former "My Sota Ref" field (the summit I activated) has not been put in the new "My References" field. An example: "My References" should contain SOTA@DM/BW-846 but is empty.

Wanted to add missing data in QSO Manager. On the "Search QSO" tab, I selected one single QSO. On the "Update QSO" tab, in the "field to update" drop-down list, the "My References" field is missing.

Then I tried to edit this particular QSO. On the "My Refs." page, the "Award" drop-down list is empty. Did I do anything wrong? How can "My References" be added to a logged QSO?

Thanks & 73
Markus HB9BRJ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Re: QSO Manager | Update QSO | field missing

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Markus, can you check log for issues? it's working correctly and it should show references available for your country (qso from where you made the QSO)
Check if My QTH tab contains a valid station country
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
HB9BRJ
Old Man

Post by HB9BRJ »

Hi Daniele, problem solved:
Took a look at the database using a tool called "Database Browser". Found that this particular QSO had some important fields left empty: mycountry, mycqzone, myituzone. After having entered missing data using the Log4OM GUI (edit QSO), I was able to add the missing SOTA reference as well :D

Nevertheless I would like to have the old update functionality in QSO Manager back. It was very convenient to fix errors by typing right away into the list view.

73, Markus HB9BRJ
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

Hi Markus,
i understand and i agree with you that way was simpler, but was also risky, as if you type the wrong character/text on an indexed fields, the whole database may be "logically unreadable" on parsing.

In V2 you can select all QSO that matches your needs and do a massive update of them in QSO manager.
Massive update is "controlled" as data are written by Log4OM itself into the relevant records.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH