ADIF import from Log4OM

V2 error reports
User avatar
sq9jxb
Advanced Class
Posts: 61
Joined: 14 Jan 2020, 16:00
Contact:

ADIF import from Log4OM

Post by sq9jxb » 16 Jan 2020, 15:18

Welcome All

I exported the log from Log4OM-1 in Adif 3 format (11300 QSO) and when importing into a new database in Log4OM 2 - import hangs (once at 3000 QSO, another time with a smaller number) - CPU usage increases to 90% - 657MB RAM and the end.
I did 3 tries and it's the same.
A smaller file from another log (4000 QSOs) was imported without problems

What is the reason?
Log4OM 2.4 , JTDX 2.1.0.x64, Windows 10 x64
Yaesu FT-897D, Icom IC-735, Musb1017/Musb2232FK , ATU-150 , LDG-AT-200Pro
SGC PowerClear, EMU0202
.........................................
73!
Jan SQ9JXB

VA3AG
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 284
Joined: 22 Jan 2013, 07:20
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: ADIF import from Log4OM

Post by VA3AG » 16 Jan 2020, 16:03

sq9jxb wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 15:18
Welcome All

I exported the log from Log4OM-1 in Adif 3 format (11300 QSO) and when importing into a new database in Log4OM 2 - import hangs (once at 3000 QSO, another time with a smaller number) - CPU usage increases to 90% - 657MB RAM and the end.
I did 3 tries and it's the same.
A smaller file from another log (4000 QSOs) was imported without problems

What is the reason?
Have you changed the amout of qso's in the main UI right hand corner of the screen Max=5000 qso's. Increase the amount required records and try the import.

Good luck
Aldo VA3AG

User avatar
sq9jxb
Advanced Class
Posts: 61
Joined: 14 Jan 2020, 16:00
Contact:

Re: ADIF import from Log4OM

Post by sq9jxb » 16 Jan 2020, 16:11

Hello Aldo

I have changed to 15000 and it has become 4189 QSO.

EDIT:

I turned off the "Apply country correction on load" and Info Providers options and, strangely enough, imported everything without a problem - CPU usage - 45% max.

Uff :)
Log4OM 2.4 , JTDX 2.1.0.x64, Windows 10 x64
Yaesu FT-897D, Icom IC-735, Musb1017/Musb2232FK , ATU-150 , LDG-AT-200Pro
SGC PowerClear, EMU0202
.........................................
73!
Jan SQ9JXB

User avatar
OK2DTF
Novice Class
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 14:14
Location: Ober-Ramstadt, Hesse

Re: ADIF import from Log4OM

Post by OK2DTF » 26 Jan 2020, 11:17

My large ADIF with 6017 QSO's go not. I had to split the file into 5 parts and work it :-D Old database from v1 work not, i had create new and importing ADIF again. 73

User avatar
sq9jxb
Advanced Class
Posts: 61
Joined: 14 Jan 2020, 16:00
Contact:

Re: ADIF import from Log4OM

Post by sq9jxb » 26 Jan 2020, 11:23

OK2DTF wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 11:17
My large ADIF with 6017 QSO's go not. I had to split the file into 5 parts and work it :-D Old database from v1 work not, i had create new and importing ADIF again. 73

Welcome

Log exported to ADIF 3?
Log4OM 2.4 , JTDX 2.1.0.x64, Windows 10 x64
Yaesu FT-897D, Icom IC-735, Musb1017/Musb2232FK , ATU-150 , LDG-AT-200Pro
SGC PowerClear, EMU0202
.........................................
73!
Jan SQ9JXB

User avatar
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team
Posts: 1563
Joined: 02 May 2013, 09:49
Location: Kraam, Rhineland Palatinate, Germany

Re: ADIF import from Log4OM

Post by DF5WW » 26 Jan 2020, 13:41

OK2DTF wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 11:17
My large ADIF with 6017 QSO's go not. I had to split the file into 5 parts and work it :-D Old database from v1 work not, i had create new and importing ADIF again. 73
It was mentioned in the release announcement and in the V2 manual that V2 can´t work with the V1 database
and that it need a full new setup and a new created database. Also was mentioned that V2 can only import
ADIF 3. My QSO count is more than 24.000 and i´ve imported this sometimes to older alpha versions of V2 without
problems. The must have is an ADIF 3 file and if you have an older PC it could be help to uncheck the box
"Apply country corrections on load".

Your log isn´t so big but for test delete the new database and try to importing a fresh ADIF 3 from Log4OM V1.

;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at CG-3000 autotuner, Ailunce HS2 (20W and 5W VHF/UHF) to LPDA´s and different vertical´s ...

User avatar
IW3HMH
Site Admin
Posts: 2662
Joined: 21 Jan 2013, 14:20
Location: Quarto d'Altino - Venezia (ITA)
Contact:

Re: ADIF import from Log4OM

Post by IW3HMH » 26 Jan 2020, 14:48

If you have an ADIF from V1 that won't import correctly or hangs on import please send it to me at log4om @ gmail (dot) com
Please add a brief note to the mail with link to this thread so i can understand why you're sending it :)

Thanks
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH

User avatar
OK2DTF
Novice Class
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 14:14
Location: Ober-Ramstadt, Hesse

Re: ADIF import from Log4OM

Post by OK2DTF » 26 Jan 2020, 14:59

sq9jxb wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 11:23
OK2DTF wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 11:17
My large ADIF with 6017 QSO's go not. I had to split the file into 5 parts and work it :-D Old database from v1 work not, i had create new and importing ADIF again. 73

Welcome

Log exported to ADIF 3?
Exported to ADIF 3 stay in file and Log4OM v1.40 :-) In v1 i had import as ADIF 3:
<ADIF_VERS:5>3.0.4 <PROGRAMID:6>Log4OM <PROGRAMVERSION:8>1.40.0.0 <eoh>
v2 have problem with large ADIF but in v1 no problems all time :!: Old database i mean SQLite file. If worked right, after are all QSO's easy back but work not and needed import ADIF again :lol:

User avatar
OK2DTF
Novice Class
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 14:14
Location: Ober-Ramstadt, Hesse

Re: ADIF import from Log4OM

Post by OK2DTF » 26 Jan 2020, 15:02

IW3HMH wrote:
26 Jan 2020, 14:48
If you have an ADIF from V1 that won't import correctly or hangs on import please send it to me at log4om @ gmail (dot) com
Please add a brief note to the mail with link to this thread so i can understand why you're sending it :)

Thanks
Still imported as small files, only old SQLite database working not, need create new and import all ADIF's back ;)

User avatar
OK2DTF
Novice Class
Posts: 17
Joined: 10 Nov 2017, 14:14
Location: Ober-Ramstadt, Hesse

Re: ADIF import from Log4OM

Post by OK2DTF » 26 Jan 2020, 15:07

Need help with another viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3670 :!:

Post Reply