Database Deployment Issue

V2 error reports
K2DLS
New user

Database Deployment Issue

Post by K2DLS »

When trying to deploy the database using a fresh install of 2.3.0.0, the deployment failed. Taking a look at the script, my MariaDB server seems to reject the JSON type used on contactreferences.

I am running 5.5.57 which is the version bundled onto my QNAP NAS (so cannot easily be changed).

Dan K2IE
G4NVB
Advanced Class

Re: Database Deployment Issue

Post by G4NVB »

K2DLS wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 21:19 When trying to deploy the database using a fresh install of 2.3.0.0, the deployment failed. Taking a look at the script, my MariaDB server seems to reject the JSON type used on contactreferences.

I am running 5.5.57 which is the version bundled onto my QNAP NAS (so cannot easily be changed).

Dan K2IE
I have the same issue, JSON Type was introduced in MySQL 5.7.8 see https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/json.html
73 de David G4NVB
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

json fields are required (in the current version) for correct integration with JTAlert.
Actually they're NOT used as JSON fields for direct queries into the database (this may change in future, not soon)

If you don't use JTAlert you can replace those json fields replacing "json" with "VARCHAR(3000)" in the mysql.sql file that is stored in the Log4OM settings folder and try recreating the database.

Please note that JSON field has been introduced some years ago, and technology introduced a lot of things in the meanwhile, including bugfixing and security patches.
Anyway, if you don't use JTAlert (that is actively reading those fields), you can do the change.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
HB9HCI
New user

Post by HB9HCI »

Deploying a new mysql DB on a webserver after (a 1st) installation Log4Om shows a (little) bug: The sql-script expects a local DB on localhost while deploying the user settings. As far as I see this setting seems not to be important. The (online) DB runs as expected.
73 de HB9HCI, Andreas