Log4OM CAT Control window bug: mode buttons

V2 error reports
DK9SAS
Novice Class

Log4OM CAT Control window bug: mode buttons

Post by DK9SAS »

In the Log4OM CAT Control window, clicking on the text/button "USB" switches the rig in CW-R, clicking on "LSB" switches to CW.
Clicking on "AM" or "FM" selects the correct corresponding mode.
When the rig is in mode "USB-D" for digimodes there's also a green "[DIGITAL]" indicator, which doesn't seem to work as a button.
I'm using OmniRig, which works ok for how far I tested.

73, Sascha
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM CAT Control window bug: mode buttons

Post by KI5IO »

DK9SAS wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 02:22 In the Log4OM CAT Control window, clicking on the text/button "USB" switches the rig in CW-R, clicking on "LSB" switches to CW.
Clicking on "AM" or "FM" selects the correct corresponding mode.
When the rig is in mode "USB-D" for digimodes there's also a green "[DIGITAL]" indicator, which doesn't seem to work as a button.
I'm using OmniRig, which works ok for how far I tested.

73, Sascha
Sascha,

You didn't note which rig you are using with OmniRig. I'm using a K3 and when I click on each of the mode buttons it works as expected. Meaning tapping USB does NOT switch my K3 to CW-R, etc..

May be a rig 'ini' file choice in OmniRig. I know that there are multiple ini files to choose from for Icom and Yaesu rigs.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
DK9SAS
Novice Class

Post by DK9SAS »

Nolan, sorry for the late reply.

I'm using my own modified IC-7300 ini file - which works perfectly with OmniRig's own Client.exe (which is the reference implementation, downloadable from the OmniRig site).

I think now I know what's going on:

The problem seems to occur band & frequency dependent - there must be some logic in Log4OM2 that prevents e.g. SSB on 30m or SSB on the CW parts of 20m but switches automatically to CW/CW-R instead.
That might be a little over engineered, since CW filters are too narrow for some digimodes like e.g. FT-8.

73, Sascha
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hi Sascha,

tested this with my ALT-512 SDR by Aerial51. Think it´s not a logic in V2 it´s a bandplan thing. If i´m
in an SSB Part of the bands i can switch to all the different modes but in a CW part i can only use CW,
AM and FM but USB set the TRX to CW and LSB to CW/R.

Think all is working as expected ... ;) ;)
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.