Problem with Import

V2 error reports
K7KB
Novice Class

Problem with Import

Post by K7KB »

I've tried importing a log from HRD a couple of times and for every contact imported, it reports the following type of warning:

03:43:59: WARNING: Callsign: K0DD Date: 5/20/20 10:22:00 PM Band: 12m Mode: FT8 QSO MY STATE CHANGED FROM WASHINGTON TO

And as you can see, it doesn't report that it changed it to anything after the TO. Also, if edit the QSO and go to the "My QTH" tab, the My State field is blank, along with the Station Country field.

For one import, I selected "3 - Skip Quality Check Corrections" thinking that it would import "as is" without making any changes to the import, but it still changed all the QSO fields for my state.

In reviewing the .ADI file with ADIF Master, I could see no problems with the ADIF fields.

I'm using Log4OM2 V2.6.1.0

John K7KB
K7KB
Novice Class

Re: Problem with Import

Post by K7KB »

Wow, no response so far? I was hoping to hear from the devs or testers that “Yes, there is a bug and we will try to get it fixed on the next release”, or “You need to do this before the file will import properly.” Something other than silence :)
VE2DDZ
Novice Class

Post by VE2DDZ »

I don't know if this is related, but I am observing the same behaviour when I am trying to import a complete log using an ADIF created with Log4OMv1 into Log4OMv2 (v1 is at 1.40.0.0 while v2 is at 2.6.1.0). Almost every QSO is imported with the error message

Code: Select all

MY STATE CHANGED FROM QC TO 
I have tracked the problem down, in my case at least, to a missing MY_DXCC field in the ADIF exported from Log4OMv1. The MY_COUNTRY and MY_STATE seem to be exported correctly. What appears to be happening is that when importing in Log4OMv2, it does a sanity check on the value of MY_STATE. It looks to see if the value of MY_STATE for import is an allowed value in the MY_STATE enumeration for the QSO's MY_DXCC. If MY_DXCC is missing then no MY_STATE is valid so it is set to empty in the import.

That's as far as I've got, I will just be able to set the MY_DXCC in the exported ADIF as almost all my QSOs are from a single DXCC entity, I don't know if this will help in your case.

YMMV. Take care and stay safe.

Malcolm VE2DDZ
K7KB
Novice Class

Post by K7KB »

Good catch Malcolm, looks like you are correct. Just to prove your point, I did a export of about 54 contacts from HRD to a .adi file and then added a column with the header being MY_DXCC. For about half of the contacts, I entered the country code of 291 for the United States, the rest I left blank, and then resaved the file.
Of those contacts where I added the country code, it still gave the warning, but it actually changed the state from Washington to WA:

21:26:11: WARNING: Callsign: K0DD Date: 5/20/20 10:22:00 PM Band: 12m Mode: FT8 QSO MY STATE CHANGED FROM WASHINGTON TO WA

Of those contact where the MY_DXCC field was left blank, it didn't properly change the state:

21:26:12: WARNING: Callsign: W0BCL Date: 4/28/20 4:16:00 AM Band: 30m Mode: FT8 QSO MY STATE CHANGED FROM WASHINGTON TO

When edit the contact for K0DD using Log4OM2 and looking at the "My QTH" tab, the Station Country is properly filled in with United States, the country code of 291, and My State entry of Washington. For those contacts where I left the MY_DXCC field blank, those entries in Log4OM are blank.

The thing is the MY_DXCC field is a ADIF format 3.x.x field and not exported by HRD, and most likely not Log4OM1 either.
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I'm checking that. It's probably an issue related to checks order. Dxcc is one of the most important fields imho and v1 exports it from first release, as well as all other fields (ADIF is the backup method for Log4OM 1 and 2 so we necessarily export everything).
About response timings we read everything but we don't have always an immediate answer, we need to reproduce, investigate and fix.
In the middle I need a bit of time for work, sleep and bring my daughter outside after 3 months of full lockdown at least during weekends 😅

Malcolm you did a great job
Thanks
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Lele

It's not the other party's dxcc it's MY_DXCC that's not exported
73 Terry G4POP