Cursor jumps to Callsign field when entering time

V2 error reports
g4gou
Novice Class

Cursor jumps to Callsign field when entering time

Post by g4gou »

Hi,

I am trying to enter some qso's I made previously, I enter the Callsign and the move to the QSO time field, after changing the hour, I try to type in the minute field but the callsing is searched again and the cursor jumps to the end of the callsign previously entered,

If I do not notice this and start typing the numbers are then appened onto the end of the callsign, causing a new lookup to be performed.

This slows down entry as I am continually having to move the curso back to the time field to make changes.

Its not an issue of course if the current time is accepted, but make entering previously made qso's very time consuming.

73 Mike
G4GOU/EA7KIP
73 de Mike G4GOU/EA7KIP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Cursor jumps to Callsign field when entering time

Post by G4POP »

Did you click the padlock to lock the time?

If entering old qso why not use the intended feature Lazy Log which is specifically for manual entry?
73 Terry G4POP
g4gou
Novice Class

Post by g4gou »

Hi,

Yes I clicked the padlock for manual time entry, I enter Callsign, then go to the start time hour field to change it to the correct hour, I then click in the minutes field to change that but while I am trying to type the minutes, the callsign is looked up again and the cursor jumps to the end of the callsign.
I am now typing the minutes to the end of the callsign if I am not watching carefully.
At the very least I have to click back on the minutes to correct them.

The Lazy Log entry did not not seem suited for the entry of some old qso's where the band,date,time, operator name, locator and mode are changing each time.
73 de Mike G4GOU/EA7KIP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Mike,

I've been trying to replicate your issue, but (so far) I'm not able to do so.

Question here: Once you enter the callsign and tab to the date/time field (that you have unlocked for editing) do you then use the keyboard cursor keys to highlight the hour/minutes/seconds and then use the up/down cursor keys to make the value change?

FWIW ... I can either type the change in or am able to adjust the change from the cursor keys.

Just seeking to understand and hopefully find a solution for you.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
g4gou
Novice Class

Post by g4gou »

I type in the callsign, then use mouse to move to start time hour field, type in the hour, then use mouse into minute field, as sone as I start to type the callsign is searched again and the cursor is moved to the end of the callsign. If I use arrow keys to move into minute box the same happens.

Tab key from callsign goes to rst sent, rst received, start time minute - it skips the hour.
73 de Mike G4GOU/EA7KIP
g4gou
Novice Class

Post by g4gou »

Video - enter callsign, then enter hour, cursor goes back to callsign field, enter minutes, call is looked up again and jumps back to callsign field
Attachments
Keyentry1.mp4
(155.63 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
73 de Mike G4GOU/EA7KIP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

wizgnome wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 17:43 Tab key from callsign goes to rst sent, rst received, start time minute - it skips the hour.

This should not happen it should tab to the Send and received fields then the hour but skips the minutes and jumps to the day section of date

The tab order is wrong we need to change it to tab from......

Call - RST RX - RST TX - Start Day - month - Year - Hour - Minute Skip seconds) - End Day - month - Year - Hour - Minute Skip seconds) - Name - Grid - Band - Mode - Country - Comment - Note - TX Freq Khz - Freq Hz - RX Freq Khz - Freq Hz - RX Band

Added to our Mantis to do list
73 Terry G4POP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

wizgnome wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 15:56 I am trying to enter some qso's I made previously, I enter the Callsign and the move to the QSO time field, after changing the hour, I try to type in the minute field but the callsing is searched again and the cursor jumps to the end of the callsign previously entered,

I cannot emulate this having tried using mouse cursor, keyboard arrow keys, please explain keystroke by keystroke your actions to demonstrate this

What version of Log4OM V2 are you using see Help/About for release number
73 Terry G4POP
g4gou
Novice Class

Post by g4gou »

Thanks for looking into it.

using latest version 2.7.0.0

click in callsign field
type callsign (eg) EA7KIP
Click on Hour (while this is happening callsign is searched)
type hour (eg) 10
click on minute
start typing minute (callsign is searched again)
cursor is moved into callsign field.

As soon as I start typing the minute, the callsign is again searched, depending on how fast I type the minutes are entered at the end of the callsign, replace it or are entered in the minute field and the cursor then ends up back in the callsign field.
Last edited by g4gou on 10 Jun 2020, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
73 de Mike G4GOU/EA7KIP
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

wizgnome wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 18:20 Thanks for looking into it.

using latest version 2.7.0.0
So please

explain keystroke by keystroke your actions to demonstrate this
73 Terry G4POP