2.7.0.0 no longer refreshes "Recent QSO's" pane

V2 error reports
2E1ICB
Novice Class

Re: 2.7.0.0 no longer refreshes "Recent QSO's" pane

Post by 2E1ICB »

Hi I am also having this issue, if I log direct it doesnt refresh, if I log from WSJTX I have the same issue, everything was ok before the update, also not all my QSO's are uploading to LOTW only had two out of thirteen log today upon closing down the programme, I had to manually update LOTW today because the last few days had issues, again all ok until I did the update, hope all of this helps 73 Ian
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KD0ZV »

IW3HMH wrote: 14 Jun 2020, 09:01 Hi Chris, what logging method are you using?
DIrect? message 12? jtAlert?

Lele, I have Mikes log. I posted some info in the alpha thread. I will email you the entire logs

Rich
Rich
KD0ZV
Log4OM Alpha Team
IW3HMH
Site Admin

Post by IW3HMH »

I got it.
Steps to reproduce:

Reduce log4om as icon
log a QSO from JTAlert
log another QSO from JTAlert

the first will be visible, the second no, and still not visible after refresh. The QSO is visible from other screens. It's some kind of concurrency, i'm still trying to understand why that happens only when Log4OM is reduced as icon but that is. Technically a "finally" block is skipped inside a try-catch-finally sequence, that is definitely unexplicable.

Please confirm that this sequence will locks your grid.
Daniele Pistollato - IW3HMH
KK7ER
Novice Class

Post by KK7ER »

My description is not quite right. I'm seeing what Chris is seeing. It actually shows the first QSO logged but does not show any QSO logged after the first one.
VK3FAC
Novice Class

Post by VK3FAC »

Hi Daniele, I'm using remote logging from JTAlert using the setup according to the section JTAlert and WSJT-x setup described on pages 162 thru 165 of the manual. So that's control port 2241 and message port 2235 and rebroadcast port 1240 from JTAlert. I have no other connections to Log4om. After first starting log4om I can enter and delete log entries manually OK, but as soon as a remote entry from JTAlert happens that entry goes into the log and shows in the Recent QSO pane, but then the pane freezes. However entries continue to show in the QSO manager and QSO grid. This behaviour has started after upgrade to 2.7.0.0, all worked fine before the upgrade. I am using Win10 Home (v1909) and the latest WSJT-x and JTAlert.
I did a bit of investigative work and found the following in the log, it may be relevant. The error occurs moments after the first remote log entry from JTAlert:
2020-06-13 05:12:53.6136 INFO: [AdifManagement] : Begin export single QSO to ADIF string
2020-06-13 05:12:53.6156 INFO: [AdifManagement] : Export QSO to ADIF file completed
2020-06-13 05:12:53.6455 INFO: [#=zFti8T1J7xsA1Ypo$BVfQA4yYVg8h] : {c6823c88-e912-4c68-97e0-b1e7d65d12ee} Process completed
2020-06-13 05:12:53.9606 ERROR: [#=zv_XJtRJxSNIsmSnzuA==][MoveNext] : [EXCEPTION] Controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread. System.ArgumentException: Controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread.
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsUtils.ReadOnlyControlCollection.AddInternal(Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripControlHost.SyncControlParent()
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripControlHost.OnParentChanged(ToolStrip oldParent, ToolStrip newParent)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.set_ParentInternal(ToolStrip value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitStackLayout.LayoutHorizontal()
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripSplitStackLayout.LayoutCore(IArrangedElement container, LayoutEventArgs layoutEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Layout.LayoutEngine.Layout(Object container, LayoutEventArgs layoutEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnLayout(LayoutEventArgs levent)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnLayout(LayoutEventArgs levent)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnLayout(LayoutEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PerformLayout(LayoutEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.System.Windows.Forms.Layout.IArrangedElement.PerformLayout(IArrangedElement affectedElement, String affectedProperty)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.InvalidateItemLayout(String affectedProperty, Boolean invalidatePainting)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.set_Text(String value)
at L4ONG.Controls.QsoControl.UCQsoGrid.#=z1fXQ_A6B2mq6_XZmyw==.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at L4ONG.Controls.QsoControl.UCQsoGrid.#=zH_5kWxorsHDtqSffW_LR0ek=.#=zPDxGmQvadjz0_vSA5dkOdc0=.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at L4ONG.Controls.QsoControl.UCQsoGrid.#=zv_XJtRJxSNIsmSnzuA==.MoveNext()
Regards, Chris
DK9JC
Advanced Class

Post by DK9JC »

I have the same issue.
73 de John, DK9JC (AK9JC stateside)
https://www.dk9jc.de
5p1kzx
New user

Post by 5p1kzx »

Hi there
I have the same issue here when logging directly from WSJT-X or JTDX via UDP. It work without problem with the Log4Om v2.6.1.0. After upgrading to v2.7.0 refresh QSO does not work except from time to time the 1.st QSO are logged correctly. Downgraded to v ´2.6.1 and everything works again.

Tu de Michael 5p1kzx
5p1kzx
New user

Post by 5p1kzx »

Hi Again
Forgot to tell when I open QSL or QSO manager the QSO' s are there. So they have been logged to the database. It's just the refreshing of Refresning QSO's thar does not work.

73 de Michael 5p1kzx
KK7ER
Novice Class

Post by KK7ER »

The problem is fixed in 2.8.0.0. Thanks!!!

73, Mike KK7ER