Grocers' Apostrophe

V2 error reports
G4DWV
Old Man

Grocers' Apostrophe

Post by G4DWV »

I would just like to mention that there is a grocers' apostrophe in the recent QSOs tab. Whilst looking at the interface for this email, QSO is written differently in different places; QSO in one place and Qso in others.
I have noticed some other things, but I reckon that you have had enough of my pedantry for the moment.
You've never known happiness until you're married; but by then it is too late.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Grocers' Apostrophe

Post by G4POP »

Its quiet encouraging really that the only issues being identified recently are minor faults reported by the grammar police and tweaks requested by the Personal Requirements Brigade, nothing like a really HUGE BUG to be fixed!
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Want a bug? I only came across it last night but am more than happy to chase it up for you. Depending on how Log4OM is loaded (involves Omnirig) it will hold tx open on my rig (IC-7300} until it is closed.
Sorry for being a pedant, but 'grammar police' is a tad too strong. Correct English is not a personal requirement by any means, but something in which to take pride :lol: :lol: :lol: !
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 12:30 Want a bug? I only came across it last night but am more than happy to chase it up for you. Depending on how Log4OM is loaded (involves Omnirig) it will hold tx open on my rig (IC-7300} until it is closed.
Sorry for being a pedant, but 'grammar police' is a tad too strong. Correct English is not a personal requirement by any means, but something in which to take pride :lol: :lol: :lol: !
Guy
You will have to accept that the user guide is written by an uneducated 80 year old Cockney who doesn't know his arse from his elbow, so your wasting your time trying to re-educate me and the text in the program is a joint effort between an Italian chappy and me!

As for the PTT issue you clearly have something set up incorrectly because I have a 7300 working fine with Omnirig, WSJT, JTDX, Bandmaster, CW skimmer, SDR Radio Consul and SDRUno as do two of my friends.My guess is that your not using the standard Omnirig radio settings but have changed something like RTS
73 Terry G4POP
G4DWV
Old Man

Post by G4DWV »

Hi Terry,
Thanks for the tip about RTS...I'll look at when I changed recently.
I recall that my offer of proof reading the manual was declined 8-) !
Thanks for the banter.
Keep well and keep safe.
M7DJK
Advanced Class

Post by M7DJK »

G4POP wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 18:49 Its quiet encouraging really that the only issues being identified recently are minor faults reported by the grammar police and tweaks requested by the Personal Requirements Brigade, nothing like a really HUGE BUG to be fixed!
It is a great bit of software, and so far it seems rock-solid which is very encouraging. I guess I am one of those "Personal Requirements Brigade" members with the "Miles" or "Km" issue - this is not really a personal issue but an actual programming issue - if there is a "Miles / Km" display switch that the user can tweak (as there should be) then it should switch miles or Kilometres everywhere the user can see the data. It matters not if the data in the back end is ADIF compliant to us mere mortals but does matter when we look at it. :D :D
M7DJK
Advanced Class

Post by M7DJK »

G4DWV - Guy wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 13:49 Hi Terry,
Thanks for the tip about RTS...I'll look at when I changed recently.
I recall that my offer of proof reading the manual was declined 8-) !
Thanks for the banter.
Keep well and keep safe.
Yes, I had the same with RTS/DTS settings when i was trying to get omnirig to play with FLDIgi - it never worked but i did have the key-up issue, resetting the RTS/DTS options fixed it and the program can be started up in any order :D