2.9 and the "frozen screen" issue

V2 error reports
K0HB
Old Man

2.9 and the "frozen screen" issue

Post by K0HB »

I upgraded today to 2.9.0.0.

The issue persists.

When I bring up Task Manager and watch Log4OM, it isn't really "frozen" -- it is doing things as evidenced by CPU share, disk activity, etc. QSO's "fed" to Log4OM from WSJT-x are captured and properly logged. So the program truly is NOT frozen, it is just ignoring me!

For lack of a better description, (I'm not a software writer, but I played one on TV once) it seems that some process has "stolen" focus and is ignoring the GUI.

I've upgraded back to 2.6.1.0, but will be happy to load 2.9 again if someone can use my support request input.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
VK7XX
Old Man

Re: 2.9 and the "frozen screen" issue

Post by VK7XX »

K0HB wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 04:30 I upgraded today to 2.9.0.0.

The issue persists.
Same for me, except that mine was frozen solid and I couldnt do a thing except fire up task manager to shut it down :-( but I havent gone back to 2.6.1.0 yet, I want to play with the message service when I can...

John
K0HB
Old Man

Post by K0HB »

VK7XX wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 06:00
K0HB wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 04:30 I upgraded today to 2.9.0.0.

The issue persists.
Same for me, except that mine was frozen solid and I couldnt do a thing except fire up task manager to shut it down :-( but I havent gone back to 2.6.1.0 yet, I want to play with the message service when I can...

John
Mine starts up and runs normally for a few QSO's, then just ignores me. The screen/GUI does not show any activity and does not respond to keyboard or mouse.

If you bring up task manager and watch the Log4OM line, you can see the program is "doing stuff" as there are changes in CPU, memory, and disk usage by the program.

Like you, the only way to end the program is "end task" in task manager.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
mi0nwa
Advanced Class

Post by mi0nwa »

Yeah still facing the freezing up issue, had to go back to 2.6.1.0 :cry:
DF5WW
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by DF5WW »

Hello to all 3 guys ...

still wondering about this issue. Tried anything to reproduce it since 2.7.0.0 was coming up and the
"Freeze" reports are starting. Have tried with or without CAT, have tried with JTDX/WSJT-X including
JTalert, have tried to enable more clusters as i need but always all is fine for me since i start testing
with V2. In earlier Alphas i´ve had some hickups but that was before the first releases was rolling out,
since then no more problems with freezes ...

Still i´ve no idea what´s wrong ... :roll: :roll:

By the way, meanwhile i have 2 rigs connected to Log4OM 2 via Omnirig and also no probs at all ...
73´s .. Juergen ... ALT-512 SDR (10W) , 50 m random wire at SG-211 autotuner, 2 x Xiegu G90 (20W HF TRX) one as portable Radio. Also TS-790E (40 W) for VHF/UHF with X-50 vertical and Duoband 4-Element LPDA.
AD8FD
Novice Class

Post by AD8FD »

I reported I'm having it also but in the 2.8.0.0 thread. Anyway....to try and help with figuring this out I shutdown JTAlert, turned off the CAT connection, turned off the cluster connection and chat features but it still occurred. I am using JTDX, and only the single UDP connection for port 2333 ADIF is setup in Log4OM.
PE1PIN
Novice Class

Post by PE1PIN »

I upgraded to 2.9.0.0.

First evening all went well. Then I had a windows 10 64bit update and it's freezing again after 1,5 hour.
I like to help. What kind of information do you guys need from me to help to solve this issue.

Roland
vk1di
Advanced Class

Post by vk1di »

I also get the Frozen screen issue, in v 2.9, although also had in previous versions. Seems to occur if running for a while with WSJTX and JTalert running. Find can close other windows other than the main Log4OM screen, eg QSL Manager QSO Manager can close manually, but the main windows won't close unless kill it off in task manager.
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by G4POP »

Any users that are still experiencing a program freeze/lockups that would like to try a pre release with refined code please email me direct.

Write to g4pop (at) arrl.net
73 Terry G4POP