Ver 2.9.0.0 QSO Map issue

V2 error reports
K2GAV
Advanced Class

Ver 2.9.0.0 QSO Map issue

Post by K2GAV »

Create a QSO map using a filter. Clicking on a grid square used to list only contacts in that grid square. Now, all mapped contacts are listed.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
Kenwood TS-990, Elecraft KPA-1500
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Ver 2.9.0.0 QSO Map issue

Post by KI5IO »

K2GAV wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 20:01 Create a QSO map using a filter. Clicking on a grid square used to list only contacts in that grid square. Now, all mapped contacts are listed.
Ted,

What type of filter are you creating before you double-click on a grid square?

If I am in QSO Manager and open the Grid Map, then zoom into the Grid Squares. If I then double-click on any given Grid Square that has Q's noted in it ... those calls do appear in the Map QSO panel.

So ... from my steps the Q's in that Grid Square did show up in the Map QSO Panel.

But ... you noted you have created a filter and I don't know what parameters of filter you have created are.

I'm sure I'm missing something.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
K2GAV
Advanced Class

Re: Ver 2.9.0.0 QSO Map issue

Post by K2GAV »

Glad you asked because I went back and did some more testing. I'm working within the Recent Contacts table (grid). Here's what I discovered....

If I make a filter for FT4 mode and then create a QSO map it works fine.

If I make a filter for FT8 mode and then create a QSO map it works fine.

If I make a filter for "Mode Equals FT4 OR Mode Equals FT8" and then create a QSO map, clicking on any grid square on the map lists all the contacts found in all grid squares for both FT4 or FT8 modes no matter which grid square you click on.

I also tried it with AM OR FM mode and it did the same thing if with an OR, but works fine with just either one mode.

So, it might be related to filters with OR.
Best wishes,
Ted Szypulski
K2GAV
Kenwood TS-990, Elecraft KPA-1500