Log3OM doesn't release com port

V2 error reports
K0HB
Old Man

Log3OM doesn't release com port

Post by K0HB »

Situation:

Running Log4OM stand-alone, maybe in CW, using omnirig for CAT (Yaesu FTdx5000).

Then I decide to switch to FT8 mode with WSJT-X. Because WSJT-X likes exclusive control of the CAT, I go to "Settings > Program Configuration > CAT interface and select "CAT Engine Nothing".

"Save and apply"

Frequency display on Log4OM appropriately shows "offline".

Now I launch WSJT-X, but the launch fails because WSJT-X finds the CAT port in use.

To get WSJT-X to work, I must completely exit Log4OM and restart it. Then relaunch WSJT-X and it runs normally.

It seems that Log4OM quits using the CAT port as expected, but doesn't release it for other use until you actually exit the program.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com
G4POP
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log3OM doesn't release com port

Post by G4POP »

Assuming your using Omnirig why not follow our user guide and in WSJT select Omnirig instead of the radio, that way log4OM and WSJT use the multithreading ability of Omnirig and displays the frequency and mode in all programs.

Please try to adhere to the user guide because the set ups in it are tried and tested.

I go to "Settings > Program Configuration > CAT interface and select "CAT Engine Nothing".
"Save and apply"
Frequency display on Log4OM appropriately shows "offline".
Now I launch WSJT-X, but the launch fails because WSJT-X finds the CAT port in use.
To get WSJT-X to work, I must completely exit Log4OM and restart it. Then relaunch WSJT-X and it runs normally.

Had you followed the user guide none of this would be required!
73 Terry G4POP
K0HB
Old Man

Re: Log3OM doesn't release com port

Post by K0HB »

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Your solution worked.

I was not aware that Omnirig could service multiple application concurrently.

Please forgive my ignorance.
DE Hans, KØHB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--
Superstition Trails ----> http://OldSlowHans.com