Log4OM closes without any warnings

V2 error reports
ac9hp
Novice Class

Log4OM closes without any warnings

Post by ac9hp »

I updated to 2.14.1.0.

Since I updated I notice Log4OM will just shut down and no longer be running.

I have it run 24/7 because I have 3 other machines and the local machine sending logging messages from WSJT-X.

The last version would crash once in a while and I would restart it, but an alert happened before and I know it was closed. Now I have to pay attention to the tool bar below and check on it often.

The frequency of the crash is higher.

Any logging I can turn on to see I can find a local problem that might be causing the issue?

Thanks

DE AC9HP
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Log4OM closes without any warnings

Post by KI5IO »

ac9hp wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 16:54 I updated to 2.14.1.0.

Since I updated I notice Log4OM will just shut down and no longer be running.

I have it run 24/7 because I have 3 other machines and the local machine sending logging messages from WSJT-X.

The last version would crash once in a while and I would restart it, but an alert happened before and I know it was closed. Now I have to pay attention to the tool bar below and check on it often.

The frequency of the crash is higher.

Any logging I can turn on to see I can find a local problem that might be causing the issue?

Thanks

DE AC9HP
AC9HP,

You posted this in the V1 section and that version is on maintenance only. As you are using V2 I'll move this thread to the V2 section.

Also provide details of your computer(s) and what APPs you are running along with their configuration as it relates to Log4OM.

Many more details needed.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
ac9hp
Novice Class

Re: Log4OM closes without any warnings

Post by ac9hp »

I think it is stable now.

I stopped allowing WSJT-X to report to my LOG4OM. The UDP Server info for port 2237.

I kept the ADIF messages on for logging on port 2333.

I have 3 PI computers running WSJTX reporting back to the my Log4OM.

I have WSJTX also running on the PC.

I have "Network time sync" running.

At times I load Corel Draw and I have a printer driver that is a hog for printing QSL cards. But those are not radio related and Log4OM would crash regardless if they were loaded or not.

I really think the issue with the broadcast messages. maybe it was happening too often and some threads got lost in the mix ? or more garbage collection could be needed, but I have no idea - just guessing since I have never seen the code.

I am updating to V2.16 now

Antivirus is bit defender. No logging from it.