Incorrect Zones logged using WSJT-X & JTAlert

V2 error reports
N6VH
Old Man

Incorrect Zones logged using WSJT-X & JTAlert

Post by N6VH »

I tried sending this yesterday, but it didn't make it, so here it is again:

When using Log4OM 2.16.0.0, and logging from WSJT-X 2.4.0 and JTAlert 2.50.4 beta 0005, incorrect CQ and ITU zones are being logged in Log4OM, even though the correct zones are in the lastqso.adi file generated by JTAlert. This is the information sent to Log4OM. The calls that produced wrong zones are AA5AT, N1GEP, and K9MRQ. There probably would have been several more if I had kept logging.

I then uninstalled 2.16.0.0, and reinstalled 2.15.0.0. Zones were then being logged correctly. I then reinstalled 2.16.0.0, and did a test log of the same calls that had the zones logged correctly in 2.15.0.0. With 2.16.0.0, the zones were logged incorrectly.

I do not use lookups from QRZ or HamQTH, so that isn't an issue.

Even though I am using a beta version of JTAlert, I think the problem is with Log4OM, due to the fact that 2.15.0.0 logs the zones correctly.

In the release notes for 2.16.0.0, I noticed this statement:

"Added CQ/ITU zone check on QSO received through UDP connections (JTxx and similar)"

Could this be the source of the problem?

Jim N6VH
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Re: Incorrect Zones logged using WSJT-X & JTAlert

Post by KI5IO »

Jim,

As a trouble-shooting effort go to: Settings / Configuration / Info Providers / Configuration ... then "un-tic" the box for "Use Clublog database". This will remove Clublog from the Info Providers routines.

Tap Save & Apply and make some Q's and see if anything changes with respect to the Zones.

Danielle is on holiday so I'm just suggesting this as a 'trial' that may or may not have any impact. Can't hurt to try.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Nolan,

Thanks for the reply. I unchecked "Use Clublog database", but incorrect zones were still getting logged. I then unchecked "Use "CTY databease" with the same results. I was reasonably certain this wouldn't make a difference, since 2.15.0.0 logs the zones correctly. I think it is probably something in the "CQ/ITU zone check" that was added to 2.16.0.0 that is causing the problem, since this didn't happen until now. For the time being, I have gone back to 2.15.0.0.

Jim N6VH
KI5IO
Log4OM Alpha Team

Post by KI5IO »

Jim,

Tnx for the test and update. We have the bug noted.
73 - Nolan Kienitz - KI5IO
Plano, TX
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

Nolan,

Thank you.

Jim N6VH
N6VH
Old Man

Post by N6VH »

I see this has been fixed in 2.17. I logged some QSOs from WSJT-X/JTAlert, and the zones are now being logged correctly. Great work as always.

Jim N6VH